• The Forums are now open to new registrations, adverts are also being de-tuned.

Creaking Dash

crash406

Car
C270 CDI AV ESTATE
THERE seams to a creaking sound from behind the dash on my e300td and is intermitent but is anoying. i am sure i have read a thread about this being something to do with a thermostat, any advice would be grateful.

THERE seams to a creaking sound from behind the dash on my e300td and is intermitent but is anoying. i am sure i have read a thread about this being something to do with a thermostat, any advice would be grateful.
I HAVE SINCE FOUND OUT THIS NOISE COULD BE THR STEPPER MOTOR BEHIND THE DASH , IS THERE A QUICK FIX TO SHUT IT UP, ITS COSTLY TO REPAIR FROM WHAT I HEAR VERY LABOUR INTENSIVE THE PARTS ARE RELATIVELY CHEAP.STEALER SHIP LABOUR PRICES AGAIN..

Is it a creaking noise, or does it sound like a tap dancer, for the first 10--30 secs?

Is there a Bing Crosby CD in the player? This sort of sound can also eminate from a Gene Kelly CD. Check this out before you remove the dash.

It could be the stepper motor, that starts off intermittantly and becomes every time but I though that early w203's wre the only ones to suffer with that, about 10 hopurs labour at MB.
Very expensive.

It could be the stepper motor, that starts off intermittantly and becomes every time but I though that early w203's wre the only ones to suffer with that, about 10 hopurs labour at MB.
Very expensive.
just anoying the cars really quite then you get the little tap dancer, but at the prices to repair think i will leave it. cheers
:(

I HAVE SINCE FOUND OUT THIS NOISE COULD BE THE STEPPER MOTOR BEHIND THE DASH , IS THERE A QUICK FIX TO SHUT IT UP, ITS COSTLY TO REPAIR FROM WHAT I HEAR VERY LABOUR INTENSIVE THE PARTS ARE RELATIVELY CHEAP.STEALER SHIP LABOUR PRICES AGAIN..
is there a way of disconnecting maybe to shut it up its now driving me mad:mad:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom