• The Forums are now open to new registrations, adverts are also being de-tuned.

DAB Retro Fit advice on W211

JayBirdEvans

Car
'11 S Class S350L
Sorry for another DAB thread but was just checking before I buy that the following will work

I'm after a DAB setup that will integrate well with the car, cost around £100-£200, and be hidden away.

My Plan A is a Dension DAB+U, which plugs in via USB and shows the stations as MP3 tracks controllable via the steering wheel and visuals on main screen. I have the '11 year with the USB port in the glovebox and have tested a USB pen will play MP3 tracks from it.

Does anyone here use the above setup and comment on its suitability and performance?

Is there a better solution I may have overlooked given my requirements?

Regarding the antenna, obviously the front windscreen is the obvious place for it? My car has the 2nd rear glazed roof panel, would that location offer any benefits for reception?

Thanks J

DAB aerials work better when mounted vertically - so windscreen is best bet but keep DAB wiring well away from any camera wiring. I use a Pure 600 because I do not have a USB connection. It works but DAB reception can be flaky in rural tree lined roads in the summer when trees are in full leaf.

Many thanks on the tip, front windscreen it is

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom