• The Forums are now open to new registrations, adverts are also being de-tuned.

Dashboard Warning: 'Stop Vehicle Leave Engine Running' on 2015(w205) C220d

ammo1126

Car
w205 amg line
Hi,

I have a 2015 Mercedes-Benz C220d (W205) and for the past few months, I've been seeing an annoying dashboard message displaying a battery symbol along with the text "Stop vehicle Leave engine running." Despite leaving the engine running for several hours, the message only disappears temporarily.

After some research, I've found that my car has two batteries: a primary battery and an auxiliary battery. I'm trying to determine which battery is causing the warning message to appear, as I'd like to replace the correct one given the high cost of these batteries.

Could anyone provide guidance on how to identify which battery is triggering this warning?

Thank you!

Hi,

I have a 2015 Mercedes-Benz C220d (W205) and for the past few months, I've been seeing an annoying dashboard message displaying a battery symbol along with the text "Stop vehicle Leave engine running." Despite leaving the engine running for several hours, the message only disappears temporarily.

After some research, I've found that my car has two batteries: a primary battery and an auxiliary battery. I'm trying to determine which battery is causing the warning message to appear, as I'd like to replace the correct one given the high cost of these batteries.

Could anyone provide guidance on how to identify which battery is triggering this warning?

Thank you!
Have you tried measuring the voltage at each battery when the engine is off and when it is running?

Also, do you know how old the batteries are?

Most garages will be able to carry out a load test on each battery and the charging system for you.

It’s most likely the main battery. A problem with the auxiliary battery gives a warning that says auxiliary battery. Your car is likely to have a capacitor unit rather that an actual auxiliary battery, but battery is what they call it.

On the W205, the auxiliary battery isn't an actual LED-Acid battery, instead instead it's a capacitor located in the passenger footwell. When it fails, you'll get a specific error message regarding the auxiliary battery. I would get the main battery and the charging system (alrenator, belt, and battery managmnet system) tested by an auto electrician.

Hi,

Thank you!
Charge the battery properly, a ticking over engine won't put much back into the battery. I'm surprised your not seeing messages about safety systems not working tbh.

Probably is the main battery. It likely needs changing if its original and on 2015 plate. Mine is a 64 plate and ive just had it changed a few months ago as was showing errors in the system only visible when scanned, nothing on the dashboard so yours must be properly gone.

OP , if your 2015 car is still on it's original battery/capacitor (s) you have done really well . Might be time to replace both.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom