• The Forums are now open to new registrations, adverts are also being de-tuned.

Deisel injector seal

Number1

Car
Viano
Viano 2012 3ltr v6
Looks like I have the rear injector seal leaking. The rest look OK.
So my question is do I replace all the seals on all the injectors or do I just replace the one that is giving me the issue.?
My gut tells me just to replace the one seal on the injector that is giving me the problem rather than mess about with the others and possibly cause me more problems...
Interested in any opinions you may have.
Thank you in advance

Only replace the one giving trouble, and make sure you reface the surface of the head before you put it back together.

Only replace the one giving trouble, and make sure you reface the surface of the head before you put it back together.
Thank you, that was my thoughts

Just the one,
unless you feel the mileage might justify doing all for continued reliability.

Tbh, while my engine was out that is what I did. I near polished the faces, and inspected with a digi camera (to enlarge the images).

The Honda washers are supposed to be thicker and softer. For some that is a good way to go, I didn't personally.

Just the one,
unless you feel the mileage might justify doing all for continued reliability.

Tbh, while my engine was out that is what I did. I near polished the faces, and inspected with a digi camera (to enlarge the images).

The Honda washers are supposed to be thicker and softer. For some that is a good way to go, I didn't personally.
It has 180k on the car, so thinking along the lines of doing that three on that side.
Thank you for you advice

It has 180k on the car, so thinking along the lines of doing that three on that side.
Thank you for you advice
Do you know how many miles the other side has done?

Sorry, couldn't resist.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom