Diagnostic tool for W204

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

mark44

Car
C63 Estate Edition 507
Hi, I'm after a tool for reading (and potentially clearing) error codes on my 2014 W204 C63.

The iCarsoft MB II appears to be a decent unit at a reasonable price. I used to have a VAG OBD tool for my old golf which worked off a laptop - but a stand alone unit looks like it might be more practical. Certainly more straight forward.

I don't plan to use it on another car - but the option would be nice.

Can anyone recommend this unit - or suggest another that might be suitable for someone who doesn't want something that's going to require a degree to operate?

Thanks

If you just want to read and clear codes the Carsoft is a good option. If you want more in depth diagnosis and in most cases what to do next then get MB Star/Xentry clone. It will pay for itself quickly.

I use the mb2 . cant fault it. Its diagnosed my air con. Parking sensors. Lambda plus other things. Great bit of kit.

If you just want to read and clear codes the Carsoft is a good option. If you want more in depth diagnosis and in most cases what to do next then get MB Star/Xentry clone. It will pay for itself quickly.

For those using the Star system - do you need training? Or can most of the information required to use it be sourced from the internet /common sense?

Reading and clearing fault codes is simple - same as any diagnostic kit. It is more in depth than any other on a Mercedes though. You can also check a lot more values, run tests and perform actuation of components. All of this is safe and easy to do without training. If you are looking at changing any parameters or coding then I would either ask on here/look it up or leave it to the pro's.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom