• The Forums are now open to new registrations, adverts are also being de-tuned.

Digital Newspapers - The Times & Telegraph

NJSS

Car
2011 SL 350 Fire Opal Red|||2016 Land Rover Discovery|||1973 MGB GT V8|||1959 MGA Roadster
For very many years I read The Times, Financial Times & The Telegraph.

When I first retired I read The Times & The Telegraph, but when a digital version became available I switched to the on-line version of The Telegraph, which is currently available for £49 per year:-

I now feel that, for a more balanced view, I should read both The Times & The Telegraph on-line but can’t find The Times for less than £26 per month [more than six times the price of The Telegraph] after an introductory period.

Can anyone suggest where I can find a much less expensive subscription to The Times please, other than the smart ‘phone only offer.

FWIW I pay a tenner a month for the Times and roughly £2 a month (£25 a YEAR) for the Telegraph.

Can’t remember how I got these rates but broadly it’ll be how I negotiate Insurance, AA recovery and other subscription services. “Sorry I’m going to cancel” And then they harass you with ever decreasing offers until you fold

I don’t do FT.com because I have scurrilous ways of getting round the Paywall when I need a particular article.

I had a Times subscription for many years with just the print version of the Sunday Times. Then they decded to give me digital access on top of that free of charge. Then they decided to massively increase their charges. Until December last year, I'd been paying £13 pm for the print Sunday and access to the web version. Then they told me it was going up to £30, so I cancelled. I tookout a digital only subsciption in January which offered a 4 month trial at £1 per month, which then went to £26 pm. I phoned earlier this week to cancel, as I'm not going to pay £26 for something that cost £13 and included a print copy last December. The initial offer was 75% off for 3 months, then 6 months, and we finally agreed on a year - so that's one year digital at £6.50 per month. I'll review it again in a year's time.

The only thing I would point out is that he did comment on how long I had been a subscriber (probably over 20 years).

If you know any students they can get it for £10 per year, for up to 2 devices at a time.

I paid £29 for the year for the Telegraph. It ends in a couple of weeks so it’ll be interesting to see what the new charge will be

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom