Digital Service Record

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
A member approaches the forum and asks for help.

Another member offers the help asked for.

A third member appears and says that help should not have been offered and calls foul.

Perhaps I should be silenced.

100% and entirely incorrect.

A person joins the forum, becomes a member IN ORDER to ask for help.

Knock yourself out, I'm out.
We were all newbies once. How you feel welcomed goes a long way when you are new.
I see you’ve had a bit of a rant on another thread too tonight. It was not my intention to upset you. Please accept my apologies, but I’ll continue to do what I feel is right on this forum.

We were all newbies once. How you feel welcomed goes a long way when you are new.
I see you’ve had a bit of a rant on another thread too tonight. It was not my intention to upset you. Please accept my apologies, but I’ll continue to do what I feel is right on this forum.

As I said I commend you.

Telling members to enter personal details then edit them out is wrong though. :)

My concern is the forum ends up the "go to" place for folks to join "just" to get this information.

It's like the VIN number thing all over again.

As I said I commend you.

Telling members to enter personal details then edit them out is wrong though. :)

My concern is the forum ends up the "go to" place for folks to join "just" to get this information.

It's like the VIN number thing all over again.
People generally come to a new forum for help as per the OP

The OP has got the required help. Thats what a forum is about giving help to other members. If the OP doesn't return then is it any great loss?

However the OP may think oh this is a great place with helpful members and may contribute in the future.

I don't see the issue.

People generally come to a new forum for help as per the OP

The OP has got the required help. Thats what a forum is about giving help to other members. If the OP doesn't return then is it any great loss?

However the OP may think oh this is a great place with helpful members and may contribute in the future.

I don't see the issue.

Which is why I asked a moderator for confirmation. ;)

My concern as I've said is that this Forum becomes the go to place for anyone and everyone to get DSB info.
Mercedes get wind of this, join and ask for this information and suddenly the forum is hit with some action.

I've no idea if this is a risk, up to a moderator to enlighten us.

If there is no issue then I apologise to anyone I may have upset.

@Jobsworth Sorry.

Car has a good history. If you give me an email address I’ll send it to you
Hi Jobsworth, hoping you'll perhaps have a spare minute or two to possibly help myself too?

I'm new to the world of Mercedes, just about to buy an E220d and didn't realise everything was now online with the servicing. The dealer is telling me it has a full service history...yet they can't prove it. Their answer is "check it yourself once you've bought it." So if it doesn't, I have zero comeback. I have the reg. and VIN though. I realise it's unlikely as I'm a new user on this forum (most will see that as being a leech :eek:) but thought it worth an ask. If you're able to help I'll send them over to you.

No problem if you can't help, I understand you have better things to do than help a random person online that's done nothing for you! I also appreciate some of the other seasoned forum members dislike for this sort of request from newbies, but as I say...this is my first time dipping my toes into the MB world.

Cheers either way.

Hi Jobsworth, hoping you'll perhaps have a spare minute or two to possibly help myself too?

I'm new to the world of Mercedes, just about to buy an E220d and didn't realise everything was now online with the servicing. The dealer is telling me it has a full service history...yet they can't prove it. Their answer is "check it yourself once you've bought it." So if it doesn't, I have zero comeback. I have the reg. and VIN though. I realise it's unlikely as I'm a new user on this forum (most will see that as being a leech :eek:) but thought it worth an ask. If you're able to help I'll send them over to you.

No problem if you can't help, I understand you have better things to do than help a random person online that's done nothing for you! I also appreciate some of the other seasoned forum members dislike for this sort of request from newbies, but as I say...this is my first time dipping my toes into the MB world.

Cheers either way.
Is it a Mercedes dealership? Sounds fishy if they cannot provide the service history. If they are asking for retail price that reflects a full SH car and they are not willing to show you then I would 100% be telling them to stick their deal where the sun don't shine

Is it a Mercedes dealership? Sounds fishy if they cannot provide the service history. If they are asking for retail price that reflects a full SH car and they are not willing to show you then I would 100% be telling them to stick their deal where the sun don't shine
This, if they can’t back up their full service history claim, or can’t be bothered, then wouldn’t even consider buying from such like, just run, look for another.

Unfortunately not, not a franchised dealer. But the price reflects them being an indie. That's why they don't have access to the system. Still fishy though that they're SURE it's FSH but can't tell me why they suspect that.

Unfortunately not, not a franchised dealer. But the price reflects them being an indie. That's why they don't have access to the system. Still fishy though that they're SURE it's FSH but can't tell me why they suspect that.
Yeah they just taking a punt saying it has. Mercedes system is a right palava. I had to wait till my V5 arrived before they would give me the service history.

They said it was against GDPR laws. Which i don't think it is. I wasnt asking about the previous owner. So i said well can you tell me if it has been serviced. Just let me know which they also point blank refused to do

I’m away on holiday until early September. Sorry

There is a 2017 c class advertised for sale on our forum website with no service history from 2017 to 2019, service history starts from 39,004, which to me seems very odd, seriously no one serviced a new car upto that mileage.

Summary of History:

08/01/19 - 39,004 Miles - Mercedes Leeds - Scheduled Service + Dust Filter Renewal + AdBlue Refill -
09/07/20 - 61,664 Miles - Craven Stockport - MOT -
17/10/20 - 63,487 Miles - Halfords Manchester - Scheduled Service + Dust Filter Renewal + Air Filter Renewal + Brake Fluid Refill -
24/06/21 - 66,833 Miles - Halfords Manchester - Scheduled Service + Air Filter Renewal + MOT -
13/06/22 - 70,790 Miles - Halfords Manchester - Scheduled Service + Air Filter Renewal + MOT -
71,422 Miles - Mercland Nuneaton - Full Inspection, MOT & Service -

There is a 2017 c class advertised for sale on our forum website with no service history from 2017 to 2019, service history starts from 39,004, which to me seems very odd, seriously no one serviced a new car upto that mileage.

Summary of History:

08/01/19 - 39,004 Miles - Mercedes Leeds - Scheduled Service + Dust Filter Renewal + AdBlue Refill -
09/07/20 - 61,664 Miles - Craven Stockport - MOT -
17/10/20 - 63,487 Miles - Halfords Manchester - Scheduled Service + Dust Filter Renewal + Air Filter Renewal + Brake Fluid Refill -
24/06/21 - 66,833 Miles - Halfords Manchester - Scheduled Service + Air Filter Renewal + MOT -
13/06/22 - 70,790 Miles - Halfords Manchester - Scheduled Service + Air Filter Renewal + MOT -
71,422 Miles - Mercland Nuneaton - Full Inspection, MOT & Service -
Good old Halfords service centre 🤣🤣

2019, '69 reg.
Whichever dealer is holding the V5 is able to ring their local Mercedes dealership and request the service history.
That is what a London independent dealer did for me as I wanted to see the history before committing a sizeable amount of cash on a car.

If the dealer won't supply the history tell them they have lost a sale. Loads of E220's available elsewhere with a full service history.

Put the reg or vin in the online service booking website and it will tell you the last time MB serviced it maybe not helpful for the full history but will give you the last 1

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom