Dipping Headlights?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Jumbojim

Car
CL500
Hello,

Can anyone tell me please, is it possible to switch CL500 headlights between Left or Right beams?
If so please say how.

Thanks

What year CL500 ? And if its a new one, do you have the ILS lights (i.e MY2010 onward) with all the nice looking LED lights inbuilt ?

R

Adjusting Headlamps for Driving in Europe

Headlamps with projection system (vehicles with halogen, xenon or full LED headlamps) ....

Model 216, model 211 with Intelligent Light System and model 207 and model 212 up to 30.11.09 (YoM 09/2) with bi-xenon headlamps are adjusted using STAR

Model 172, 207 and model 212 as of 1.12.09 (YoM 09/2), model 204.0/2/3 with Intelligent Light System and model 218 with full LED headlamps, adjustment is done using the cluster menu.

Model 172 and 204.9 with halogens are adjusted using the range controller (must be checked with headlamp aimer)

Model 204.0/2 as of YoM 11/1 and model 204.3 with halogen headlamps, no headlamp adjustment is necessary!

All others are done using the levers inside the light unit.

Thanks for the info WHITENEMESIS, as my CL500 is a 2002 W215 I guess it is done by the inside levers. Can you throw some light on just what that means please?

Are your lights the projector type? i.e. have a large opaque lens inside. If so the levers will be inside the main light unit (remove the access cap for the dipped beam bulb) and on the wing side of the bulb fitment. They are small and very fiddly!

If they are the std halogen units (reflector type) I'm afraid it's beam benders needed...

Hi whitenemesis
I believe they are a one piece Xenon unit for both main beams and dipped.

N/S headlight. Is this the same as yours?

The right hand (outer light) side is the dipped beam
and the left hand (inner light) is th main beam & is a normal halogen bulb.

headlight.jpg

Thanks not too grumpy,
They do look similar but I am not sure, they are called bi-xenon by Mercedes and I thought they were standard on the w215 CL500.

Bi-xenon simply means the one bulb can be dipped and main (a metal shield flips down in dipped mode). This doesn't negate the need for a second (separate) unit to act as a main beam, usually halogen. This is because xenons cannot be "flashed". Although I think this has been sorted in the newer light units.

Thank you Whitenemesis, They must be mine then. Can you tell me how to change the direction of dip then please?

Thank you Whitenemesis, They must be mine then. Can you tell me how to change the direction of dip then please?

Already given in post #6

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom