Discs manual

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

optimusprime

MB Enthusiast
SUPPORTER
Car
Mercedes W124 260E M103
Hi can i ask if anyone as ever purchased Four Mercedes electronics parts catalogue and information systems discs . The set of four discs in it are two EPC and two WIS looking at the instructions it needs 5 gigs of NTFS Would it be best to pick up another computer or is there another way to view them...Thank you

Buy a cheap tablet like the Lynx and use it as a dedicated electronic book.

Not for the people with eyes as old as mine though.

.....5 gigs of NTFS....

5 Gig will be the storage space needed on the hard disc. Shouldn't be a problem for a relatively modern computer, just look how much free disc space you have.

NTFS is the file system, it's short for New Technology File System and any computer with Windows Vista onwards will use it by default. XP machines may also use NTFS. To check if an XP computer uses NTFS right click my computer select manage and then disk manager.

5 Gig will be the storage space needed on the hard disc. Shouldn't be a problem for a relatively modern computer, just look how much free disc space you have.

NTFS is the file system, it's short for New Technology File System and any computer with Windows Vista onwards will use it by default. XP machines may also use NTFS. To check if an XP computer uses NTFS right click my computer select manage and then disk manager.
190 i did as you said free space 26.55 gb capacity 37.26 gb

EPC part will be out of date almost immediately.

Better to join the official club and get "free" access to the online versions.

I purchased a set of discs just as described by the op earlier this year. I loaded them on my elderly (2006) desktop running XP. The version I purchased is installed on VMware (Virtual machine) which I recommend rather than trying a native installation. It works faultlessly and combined with the Haynes W211 manual, I can pretty much cover anything I need to repair or replace on my 2007 CLS.
All that said, the one thing missing from the WIS is a full set of bulletins. There are some up to 2014 but not fully comrehensive.

Looks like getting another computer to use these .Now i know why the chap said he had no computer to use them on ..I did manage to get the instructions out of one of the discs thats as far as i can go .

Last edited:
Before you spend yojur hard-earned, check in the Installation Instructions for any kind of Access code that you need to contact the seller for.

Sometimes they come back with a Code straight away, other times they disappear completely and all you're left with is a full-up disk..

Installing a Virtual Machine is a good idea, especially if the Software is desiigned to run on ancient OS like XP.... Loads of Virtual Machine software is available for Free (just Google) and you shouldn't have to pay for it.

Last edited:
My computer runs Window 7, but with a reasonable-sized hard drive - just under 1tb. I bought a set(4) of discs off eBay, and they set up a VM running XP, and installed WIS and EPC on that. WIS works very well, but I'm not familiar enough with the EPC to get it to work yet...

There is not a huge amount of info on 124's on WIS

Dont know whats on till i open it up ,so a virtual machine is the way to go .Thank you for all who helped with the question ..

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom