• The Forums are now open to new registrations, adverts are also being de-tuned.

Do all w211's have the Valeo Radiator?

SL300-24

MB Enthusiast
SUPPORTER
Car
1984 500SL, 2007 E320 CDI Sport Estate, 1995 SL320 R129
Having read the posts on the problem on W211's regarding the coolant entering and ruining the autobox's on these models, I went to find the makers name on the radiator on my '03 E320 CDI.
The only name that I could see was 'Behr'. I was therefore wondering if I have escaped the problem and have a radiator manufactured by a different company.
Does anyone know please? This label was on the lower front rad (oil or transmission?) cooler. I could not get to the main rad without removing cowlings etc. but am I right to think that they are connected?

Thanks

can anyone help with this question please?

As far as I am aware problems relating to this issue are very specific. Mercedes-Benz state htat it effects vehicles prior to 09/03?? I am NOT saying that ;)

John

There was a long thread on one of the US forums a while back, and I seem to remember that this problem was restricted to cars with the Valeo radiator. When a get a moment I will see if I can locate it.

Edit: Well obviously overlaps with other threads...but then I don't read every single one!

Last edited:
Thanks for the info Guys.........

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom