Does Anyone Know This C36 AMG?

AdrianTurner

Car
VW
I bought this C36AMG in April 1996 - Ruby Red, black leather interior, registration number N474SAY. It was a fabulous car, though I sold it in 1997 to a garage in Bournemouth.

Does anyone know what became of this car?

Last edited:

d w124

Hardcore MB Enthusiast
Car
w124 3.6AMG styling E320 S124 Lorinser styling
Hi Adrian and welcome to the forum.Not many in that color but I do remember one not long ago that was in Birmingham for sale and it did look in very bad state
Nothing comes under that number plate

tali

MB Enthusiast
Car
qashqai
Base price was £42,970

Hi Adrian and welcome to the forum.Not many in that color but I do remember one not long ago that was in Birmingham for sale and it did look in very bad state
Nothing comes under that number plate
Is on records -but not DVLA - suggests possible private plate transfer

Registration:N474SAYMake:MERCEDESModel:C CLASS (4 DOOR SALOON)Colour:RED

Last edited:
OP
OP
A

AdrianTurner

Car
VW
Thanks for the comments so far . . . I bought the car from a Merc dealer in Leicester called Evans. It had been a demo car for two months, had 4800 miles on the clock and cost £44395.00. It had a few extras, like a sunroof, and some other stuff.

The chassis number was 202028 2F 338 411.

Anyway, I have really fond memories of the car - it was the first of three AMGs I have owned - and have always wondered what became of it.

SPX

MB Club Veteran
SUPPORTER
Car
That one
Anyway, I have really fond memories of the car - it was the first of three AMGs I have owned - and have always wondered what became of it.
You've owned three AMGs and you're now driving a VW?

Just one question; Where did it all go wrong?:)

OP
OP
A

AdrianTurner

Car
VW
You've owned three AMGs and you're now driving a VW?

Just one question; Where did it all go wrong?:)
Well, Sweetpea, from the C36 to a Maserati Ghibli, then a SLK32AMG (awful), then a one-year-old SL55AMG (fabulous), a Jag XKR (luxo-barge). Then I thought, I'm putting on a few years, maybe downsize a bit. Where I live the country lanes are narrow and muddy, then there's the cost of petrol, the depreciation, the servicing and warranty costs, etc etc. So I bought a brand-new VW Golf R and, I have to say, it's absolutely brilliant: Comfy. Roomy. Amazing grip. Very fast. You can park it. Pleasingly discreet. 35mpg on a good day. In a word: sensible.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Top Bottom