dpf exhaust sensor replaced - another or related issue?

• Thread starter Deleted member 160853
  • Start date
Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
It’s a bit like your name is the same , but you changed your face ;)
It's a bar of chocolate for a special hubby . When I went for some . Her indoors had been at it .

Update

took it back to the Indy and there was a stored fault for the DPF exhaust sensor malfunction again, they’ll be doing an air leak test tomorrow to see if that’s the causing this issue as the sensor is newly fitted.

boost pipe was recently replaced so perhaps another pipe!

will keep you posted!

update:

one of the pipes leading to the newly installed exhaust sensor was not connected properly (I believe it has two pipes going in it), that has now been rectified.

will report back in a week or so to let you know if the issue is completely gone!

Fingers crossed it resolves the issue, I’m still yet to sort anything with mine due to work commitments but will let you know once I do

Spoke too soon, it reappeared as I got off the motorway yesterday 😂

driving me up the wall, pardon the pun

Spoke too soon, it reappeared as I got off the motorway yesterday 😂

driving me up the wall, pardon the pun
Bad news!
😂😂 I feel your pain, I just want the car to go and behave itself..... not too much to ask

Hi guys,

My 2015 E220 has been doing the same thing with the gears like the OP's car.

It holds gears until 2800RPM - 3000RPM from the start. I am able to shift with paddles right above 2000RPM. (It doesn't show the M on the cluster like it usually does when the car goes into manual mode)
Turning the car off and turning back on immediately doesn't work either. It starts shifting perfectly normal if I leave the car off for over 10mins and turn it on. This only works if the engine has reached it's normal temperature.

But it goes back into this weird limp mode as soon as the speed reduces or driving upslope and the transmission has to downshift. It actually doesnt downshift until rpm drops to almost idle and then it downshifts and goes into this limp mode.

Did a full transmission service last December. Mileage on the car is 28k.

No errors codes related to the transmission was found. Dealer thinks its either the EGR or the transmission valve body.

Is the EGR even a possible cause for this issue? Please let me know if you guys find a solution to this.

Thanks

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom