• The Forums are now open to new registrations, adverts are also being de-tuned.

DPF Filter at 400%

F4Tpie

Car
C220 CDI Estate
Hi all

I've actually already diagnosed and fixed this issue but wanted to write about it for future owners as it might be some help.

My S204 (W204) C Class was losing power and economy and was displaying an amber check engine light on the dash. I plugged it into a Snap On Diagnostics tool. I was told the DPF was clogged and that I should take it for a long drive at over 2000 revs (not an issue as my car was revving very high anyway). I tried this but no help. I also tried clearing the light and doing a long drive, the light just came back the next time I turned the car on.

I then resigned to having the DPF cleaned (THIS DIDN'T WORK). the bucket out the back of the car basically showed no filth or debris and was pretty clean. My DPF cleaner told me that as the car was 400% clogged it may be so compact that the cleaner wasn't able to break it down. DO NOT BUY A NEW DPF.

In fact the solution was to replace the sensor, a new genuine Bosch sensor cost me £30 and I was able to fit it on the driveway in 20 mins (no real prior experience). As a new DPF can be hundred this is worth considering.

I hope this helps anyone at a lot end as I was.

I imagine this is the same for E Class and other C Class Models.

EDIT I believe the Diagnostics tools stated 'soot content is not ok' just to help with SEO

Last edited:
I've got the same issue. I have ash content 1g, soot content 3g, and 400% full. Tried a new Bosch sensor and didn't work. Tried a genuine Mercedes sensor and still not worked. I run the learn in process for the DPF filter on the diagnostic tool and says that it has done it, but suspect that it is not doing this correctly. The process seems to run too quickly. I have updated the software on the diagnostic tool so will try again and see if this works. This has been driving me nuts.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom