DVD in motion grrr

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

glojo

Hardcore MB Enthusiast
Car
S211 Sprinter 213CDI, & the new T-class
This was posted on another forum I subscribe to:

DVD in motion

The reply I gave there, applies equally here.

I am totally 100% against activating this facility and I guarantee that everyone who does it, states they don't look, it is there solely for the front seat passenger.

Yeh right... Never ever look .......

Sorry had to duck, a pig just flew overhead (he was even watching a DVD)

I have only posted this link because the question is frequently asked.

I have NO sympathy for anyone that attempts to buy it and gets ripped off.

If you do activate the DVD in motion setting then please have the courage when you eventually crash, to actually admit you were watching the DVD screen.

Sorry, you only have it on for the front seat passenger :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

John

miro said:
Well if you have to crash then at least you have a sporting chance in a Benz.

:D Excellent point and the fire crews could be entertained at the same time.

I have the utmost respect for your techical abilities\knowledge, do you think this ebay post is genuine?

I should imagine they are merely referring to the code you type in on the COMAND interface?

I have NO intention of publishing this.

John

glojo said:
:D Excellent point and the fire crews could be entertained at the same time.

I have the utmost respect for your techical abilities\knowledge, do you think this ebay post is genuine?

I should imagine they are merely referring to the code you type in on the COMAND interface?

I have NO intention of publishing this.

John

You shouldnt speak too highly of me as i havent done anything for you thus far. But there is an engineering mode and it can disable many different things. It does a great job of turning your COMAND into a paperweight if you get far too zealous.

miro said:
You shouldnt speak too highly of me as i havent done anything for you thus far.

Good news may not travel as fast as bad, but I have read numerous posts made by you that have contained excellent advice. Newcomers might not be aware of your expertise. :)

I have read a number of posts by owners that have done this 'conversion' and have NO sympathy. I think it fair to advise potential dabblers that Mercedes-Benz will NOT replace the COMAND under a warranty claim.

John

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom