dyno in Newcastle area

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

bigjacques1

Car
2006 C180 Kompressor Sport
Does anybody know or can recommend where I could go to get a dyno done in or around Newcastle upon tyne ? I had a remap done and I am very happy with the result but no dyno was done .I feel that a dyno should be done to get the best results.any suggestions please?

Does anybody know or can recommend where I could go to get a dyno done in or around Newcastle upon tyne ? I had a remap done and I am very happy with the result but no dyno was done .I feel that a dyno should be done to get the best results.any suggestions please?

How is getting a dyno done after the tune has been flashed going to improve the result?

You need a before and after dyno run for it to be any use, and then it's only information if you're happy why bother?

There is one in sunderland/ durham called evo tune.

I thought this club is to educate and support members and not criticise?Thanks Lee.I will give them a call

I thought this club is to educate and support members and not criticise?Thanks Lee.I will give them a call

Second Jamie @ Evotune.

But the other chap has a valid point as each dyno reads slightly differently. So the true gain is the difference between standard and tuned.

I agree and see his point but educate rather than criticise that is why I,and I am sure other members ,have joined the MB CLUB to learn from members like yourself and other MB owners experiences and knowledge

I agree and see his point but educate rather than criticise that is why I,and I am sure other members ,have joined the MB CLUB to learn from members like yourself and other MB owners experiences and knowledge

Your taking it all too personal. I asked a question as it's not going to improve the tune you already have. I just did not want you wasting your money thinking otherwise.

Now if you just want to know what power your producing that's great. But it's not what you said in your original post.

To My knowledge and understanding of a dyno tune is that some adjustments/tuning,how minor can still be done to get the best performance.That is why I asked if anyone has any suggestions.I also agree I could have worded the question differently.So I will try again.Can adjustments/tuning be done on a dyno to improve performance and will there be any benefit in doing a dyno after a remap was done?

To My knowledge and understanding of a dyno tune is that some adjustments/tuning,how minor can still be done to get the best performance.That is why I asked if anyone has any suggestions.I also agree I could have worded the question differently.So I will try again.Can adjustments/tuning be done on a dyno to improve performance and will there be any benefit in doing a dyno after a remap was done?

If it's already mapped then a Dyno run will give you a idea of what gains you have made.
Depending on the tuner they could make minor changes to the map to "improve" it slightly. However, if you are going to ask for fine tuning it's going to cost more and make sure the guy is familiar with the model of car you want tuning.

John (BFT) knows his stuff so if he can tune it then your in safe hands or he could recommend the person you need.

If it's already mapped then a Dyno run will give you a idea of what gains you have made.
Depending on the tuner they could make minor changes to the map to "improve" it slightly. However, if you are going to ask for fine tuning it's going to cost more and make sure the guy is familiar with the model of car you want tuning.

John (BFT) knows his stuff so if he can tune it then your in safe hands or he could recommend the person you need.
Plus 1, IME fine tuning yields very small gains at best. You will also pay for the work and cost often makes any gains not worthwhile.

If I was you I would be pleased with the improvement and enjoy the car. If you just wanted to check the power then no harm in getting a rr done.

Thanks everyone for your replies.It is a time to ponder about this and I think I will just enjoy it as suggested.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom