• The Forums are now open to new registrations, adverts are also being de-tuned.

E brake / Parking brake pedal assembly replace

UsmanM

Car
w208
Hi all,

I have a 2002 w208 CLK 200K and am looking to replace my foot brake parking pedal assembly is there a how to guide to do this? The top of the pedal (housing the switch and rubber stopper) has snapped off. The handbrake works perfectly fine, the pedal travels too high when released as the stopper has snapped off.

Thanks,

Hello and welcome.

Which bit exactly do you think has broken off ? (ignore the arrows on this image ) . The only thing stopping the pedal coming up is the rubber stopper . Has this metal part actually snapped off !?

To replace you need to access the unit that splits the handbrake cable and slacken off all of the tension , on some c class there is an acces panel inside the car , on others it's a heck of a job to get to it under the car . Re fitting the foot pedal is a real pain due to access (at least on my 2006 C class) mainly due to me not being a contortionist.

Better if the car is a few feet in the air.

Note . this image details the 'clicker' , which has no bearing on your enquiry , it's just an image I have to hand.

The pictures I have posted are for a 2006 S203 C class , I suspect yours is very similar.

MB handbrake.jpg

Trap door.JPG

Last edited:
Thanks Pete,

I can slacken off the tension under the rear seat. Was wondering what I had to take off trim / carpet wise to get access to the bolt nearer the transmission.
Do I also need to undo the handle cable to take off the tension?

Attachments

• Screenshot_20230818-150649.png
    Screenshot_20230818-150649.png
    1.6 MB · Views: 2

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom