• The Forums are now open to new registrations, adverts are also being de-tuned.

E class chassis number - valeo rad?

Tyler Durden

Mate of mine is wanting an E 320 and needs to know if the car he is looking at has a valeo rad setup?

The VIN is - WDB2411222A585632

If anyone can run it through and let me know it will be appreciated...

Thanks guys,

Mart

Mate of mine is wanting an E 320 and needs to know if the car he is looking at has a valeo rad setup?

Thanks guys,

Mart

IIRC the Valeo rads were used up to September 2003.

Thanks guys,

Mart

The VIN is not from a W211, you must have some numbers wrong.

It would most likely still be a Valeo radiator but from 09/2003 onwards the design is different and less likely to fail.

ahh right, he may have given me the wrong numbers I'll double check, do you know what vin thats from then? I thought Valeo rads were used on and off untill the V6 in 2005?

ahh right, he may have given me the wrong numbers I'll double check, do you know what vin thats from then? I thought Valeo rads were used on and off untill the V6 in 2005?

I think you have a typo in there. After 'WDB' the next 3 numerals are the model number. So that number is for a W241 - which doesn't exist as far as I can tell.

It should start 'WDB211...'

Also, the Valeo rads were dropped, as Ringway states, around 2003. I assume from your comment that your mate is looking for a CDI - as 320 petrols are always V6. The CDI went from I6 to V6 in April/May 2005.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom