• The Forums are now open to new registrations, adverts are also being de-tuned.

E250 CDI ECU removed to remap?

Ceramicolive

Car
W212 E250 CDI
A friend of mine tells me he has the same engine as I have in my W212 E250 CDI in his Infiniti and he's having it remapped soon. He says The tuning company has told him to expect 270bhp if I recall correctly but they need to remove the ECU to do it.

Firstly, does anybody know if it is the same OM651 and does 270bhp seem a bit optimistic? To me it sounds a bit too much of an increase and he never mentioned torque figures.

Secondly, does anyone know why they would have to remove the ECU?

Lastly, what can realistically and Safely be expected with a remap and can the gearbox cope with increased torque etc?

Yes I have seen that engine in one. Ecu’s removal for remapping is quite normal, it’s no drama when it’s just sat right on top of the air box anyway. Nissan may use different software for their version, but the figures do sound a bit exaggerated to me.

Especially where the Infinity OM651 2143cc

Q30 , QX30, Q50 and Q70 are the 170HP and there doesn't appear to be the 204 HP version .

270 is all out perhaps on a generous dyno for a Mercedes 204 , made all the more difficult because 204 don't measure stock figures on a realistic dyno and can be anywhere from low 170's to low 190's.

I put this down to the injector change from Piezo to the more reliable solenoid .
Merc is OBD remap , but if the Infinity is using older software..

The gearbox TCU will still have it's torque limiters , that may or may not be relaxed a little .

Thanks, so the engine in his Infiniti will be equivalent to a E220 but using older/different software that could need the ecu removing to remap?

A search online revealed a company that claim 255bhp and 410 lb/ft, if were to remap my car it should be able to be done through the OBD port?

To be honest I'm not sure if I would do it or if I were to remap my car I would lean towards economy rather than more power.....maybe! 😁

Last edited:
Always wild claims 'marketing' and even lies out there .

Might make the figures on their dyno but take it somewhere else..

Oh and Celtic Tuning are an absolute classic....

Always wild claims 'marketing' and even lies out there .

Might make the figures on their dyno but take it somewhere else..

Oh and Celtic Tuning are an absolute classic....
Funny that you mention Celtic Tuning.......

OK tell me what's wrong here .

No 250 graph so we'll make do with 220 as is applicable to your mates Infinity .

Mercedes_Benz_C_Class_W204_C220_CDI_BlueEFF_2143_cc_2009On_167_bhp_Stage_1___212_bhp__355_lbft...jpg

2020-05-11 09.22.46.png

The little table at the base of the graph seems correct but the "dial gauges" are way too optimistic.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom