E300 TD stuck on W

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Olivier, Oct 31, 2008.

1. Olivier

Olivier Hardcore MB Enthusiast

Car:
    E300 TD
    Hello all,
    I was reading a thread yesterday ( canno see it anymore?)about a gearbox that might be suck on W, well I did the test (shifting on first when starting )and mine never start on the first gear.
    Now, I open the gearsift thingy and the switch S/W look like it's working by blocking the light on a small rectangle. Is that correct or the rectangle should come up and down?
    Thank you.
    Oh, I have been looking at this banana for a while now and I need to put it on, hilarious and full of joy. :bannana:

2. OP
    OP
    Olivier

Olivier Hardcore MB Enthusiast

Car:
    E300 TD
    Updated!

I got it, I decided to give it a go and went to twiggle the rectangle thingy, it was in fact an extension of the switck. It was glued in with some dark goo thingy, coffee I reckon. A bit of WD40 helped.
    Now for the first time on 4000 miles with me ( who knows with the last owner??? :devil: ), the car start on first...
    This is it. Happy time on first...

:bannana: :bannana: :bannana: :bannana: :bannana: :bannana: :bannana: :bannana: :bannana: :bannana:

Tags: