E320CDi V6 OM642

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

JohnnyW202

Car
2004 Mercedes E270CDI Elegance Saloon, 2004 C200 Kompressor Estate Avantgarde SE Sport Pack
Gents,

Need some help

Just part exchanged my good old w210 e220cdi which I loved and did me very well for a w211 320cdi which I've always wanted.

It's a pre facelift hybrid (sbc pump)

has the 7g 722.9 and om642 3.0 v6

Given the problems I've got £800 off the dealer and said I get the car fixed myself.

Had turbo developments exchange my actuator for a exchange unit it's a g-219.

Had the turbo off the car and inspected no damage to vanes, exhaust side turbine or intake compressor. Cleaned it up even though the actuator rod moved freely to rule out any mechanical issues with the turbo sticking, checked manifolds no evidence of delamination.

Upon fitting noticed damage to the wiring harness, so repaired the wires two went to the turbo actuator and one to the vent line heater which reported an interrupted signal wire.

Drove spot on for a few days, then would go into limp mode when cruising at 70.

Had it to Alex Crow to check over. Star reports EGR positioner fault and occasionally a turbo actuator problem which I suspect is linked to a sticking EGR. EGR is clean both under the plastic cover and at the valve seat end and moves freely.

Tried to put a 4.7k resistor in both the egr and swirl flap motors and I get a signal interrupted error code on both and the car disables the turbo actuator upon start up. This is between the grey and red/green wires.

I'm not bothered about an EML but don't want limp mode, I understand the M55 should be a simple resistor mod on these and that the EGR valve should accept a resistor but light up the EML with a no flow warning but no limp mode.

Om642 v6 so has two mafs and pwm so Alex's mod won't work.

Any advice?

Seems the EGR, Swirl Flaps and Turbo Actuator are all interlinked is there any feedback loops?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Just in case it helps anybody the resistor values on my om642 seem to be different to those listed on other applications. My egr valve between the red/green and grey wires measured 2.1k and my swirl flap motor only 1.4k so I went with the closest value resistors I could find. 1.5k and 2.2k no more signal wire interrupted fault. No these are disabled the car feels smoother, there are flow codes which I assume will eventually illuminate the EML. But no more limp mode after cruising. There is the occasional kangarooing but not as frequently so I'm assuming this turbo actuator has an intermittent fault, exhaust back pressure is too high fault is intermittent and stored. Will contact them and ask to send out a replacement, given when it works it performs faultlessly in can assume swapping for another with the same g-219 will work and this actuator is matched and benchflow tested to the turbo is a fairytale.

Hope this helps you guys out.

Now I've got everything settled there is no kangarooing or exhaust backpressure too high faults, it would seem the EGR and Prehaps swirl flaps might have had an intermittent issue or were sending corrupt information to the ecm causing this. I will monitor over the next two weeks and let everyone know. Took her for a good fifty mile cruise through towns idling and a constant 70 with the cruise on. Absolutely no issues, smooth as you like, reduced smoke output and more responsive. Stay tuned, hope this helps any of you have turbo actuator issues even with a refurbed unit.

Back to square one today kangarooing!!! Anyone know a good place to recalibrate the positioner to the turbo without removing it?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom