E350 AirCap issues

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

thebook

Car
Audi RS5
Evening.

My AirCap has started messing me around. It goes up as expected but when it goes down it doesn't close properly and ultimately opens right up again.

It's almost as though it senses a blockage or something and intermittently it will close. I have washed it, used a cloth and WD40'd it, all to no effect.

I have read about software issues being a possible cause but don't understand how it used to work perfectly. Anyone else had this issue?

Hmmm. Not software related apparently. It is now closed, but the problem will persist if I raise it again. Shame as I find it worked quite well at higher speeds. Anyone else got any suggestions?

Hi - I have a similar issue. Aircap wont stay down!!?? Goes down and up when opening vehicle, locking vehicle etc. Latest software installed by approved dealer but still hasn't cured. Does anyone have same issue? Is anyone aware of which fuse operates aircap so I can remove?
Hopefully someone can assist. I don't use the aircap but don't want to fork out £1200 to renew

Have you checked the locking pins are retracting when it goes up? If they don't retract they cause it to 'bounce' back up again when you try to close it.

Have you checked the locking pins are retracting when it goes up? If they don't retract they cause it to 'bounce' back up again when you try to close it.
Having the same problem - what’s the best way to free up the pins - can they be accessed without taking the whole thing off and using some WD40?

Evening.

My AirCap has started messing me around. It goes up as expected but when it goes down it doesn't close properly and ultimately opens right up again.

It's almost as though it senses a blockage or something and intermittently it will close. I have washed it, used a cloth and WD40'd it, all to no effect.

I have read about software issues being a possible cause but don't understand how it used to work perfectly. Anyone else had this issue?

Wd40 it and try with the button 50 times, it will be closed, and leave it it closed as its completely useless

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom