E350 cdi

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Jules did you get it?

Mine at the dealers and I will pick up on Monday when I am back in Newcastle.

There were about 4 or 5 of us ordering around the same time has anyone got theirs?

Slight delay, as I have had a rear spoiler fitted, which took the dealer a few days to organise. Just waiting for confirmation that delivery will be on Tuesday. Really looking forward to it.

I got mine last Saturday.

First impressions are very good, it came with the new steering wheel and colour graphics in the speedo which IMO both make a massive difference.

In addition it also recognises the various speed limit signs and puts them on the sat nav which I thought was an option?

The Comand takes a bit of getting used to, perhaps not quite as intuitive as the Audi system I have been used but the functionality is all there and finally it does full postcode entry.

Been on a couple of 50 mile trips and it averaged just over 40mpg so pleased with this whilst the engine is new.....

Anyway, enjoy yours when you get it.....

Interesting to hear about the speed limit assist. I did think about adding this and you are right it is a £300 option. My dealer told me that it would would come on my car as standard, so looks as though they were right. I'll find out when I get it next week.

The speed limit assist is really good actually, as you pass the sign the limit pops up in the middle of the speedo and then it disappears and shows in the sat nav screen. It seems pretty good at recognising the signs and only misses them if they are obscured. Useful if you are in an unfamiliar area and unsure of the speed limit. I didn't realise it was now standard and thought they had added it to my car in error......

Just been out in at lunchtime and was on the right road with light traffic and the sport button makes a massive difference, transforms the car from a crusier to much more sporting machine. Very glad the I specced it now.

I find the stop/start system a little annoying but guess I will get used to it and you can always switch it off although you can't seem to default it to off.

Slight delay, as I have had a rear spoiler fitted, which took the dealer a few days to organise. Just waiting for confirmation that delivery will be on Tuesday. Really looking forward to it.

I've been interested in the rear spoiler since another member put pics up on here. I hope you dont mind me asking but how much did it cost to get painted/fitted? And I presume it is sourced by the dealer afterwards and not factory fitted? Thanks

I find the stop/start system a little annoying but guess I will get used to it and you can always switch it off although you can't seem to default it to off.

It's surprising how fast you get used to this system.

I have a Becker Map pilot in my C and it constantly shows speed limits on the display, it is an outstanding feature.

It's surprising how fast you get used to this system.

I have a Becker Map pilot in my C and it constantly shows speed limits on the display, it is an outstanding feature.

Do the speed limits show even when a location is not selected? I have a UMI media interface satnav and my gripe is that it only displays the present speed limits once a destination has been selected.

I managed to get the rear spoiler supplied, painted and fitted for £475. This is for a genuine Mercedes one but it is a dealer fit option.

Do the speed limits show even when a location is not selected? I have a UMI media interface satnav and my gripe is that it only displays the present speed limits once a destination has been selected.

Tom Toms have been showing speed limits for ages.

Well the excitement is building and after nearly 6 month tomorrow is the day. Working in Newcastle until Wednesday and then I get to enjoy the 300 mile journey home.

Tom Toms have been showing speed limits for ages.

Yes I am aware of that. I would like to know which, if any, of the MB satnavs show the speed limits on the normal display rather than the input route display.

Certainly on mine, it shows the speed limit in the main display on the speedometer for a short while after you have passed a sign. This is irrespective of whether you are using the navigation.

It shows permanently on the map even if you are not using the directions but you have to have this selected rather than radio, phone etc.....

I find it really useful......especially given speed camera's etc...

Enjoy the car, noodler...

Absolutely thrilled with it :)

Couple of minor issues that someone may be able to help with:

Iphone Contacts show as last name, first name where as on the phone they are the other way round.

KPH in small numbers at the bottom of the dial that I cant seem to get rid of.

I cant work out how to get the external temp to display

I havent had chance to play with the command online and media interface etc but am absolutely loving the car and it goes like a rocket. The dynamic handling definitely stiffens the car up and makes it more responsive.

Noodler,

Glad you are enjoying the car, the dynamic handling is definately well worth it:)...

In terms of your questions not sure I can help with the first two as mine is the same.

However, in terms of the outside temperature this does show in one of the modes of the trip computer, I think it is when you just have the total mileage and trip mileage showing. I have not found a way to show it all the time though. Maybe when the temperature drops to a point it shows up permanently.

When I collected mine they told me that the online services would not work with iphone. Not sure how true this is though?

Hi,

Good to see we have the same problem as it means I am not going mad. MY dealer did say that you have to have the KPH there as it is to do with European regualtions that you must see both MPH and KPH at all times........

I will check out the temp thing later.

To date my dealer has been really good so put a call in to him and see what he says.

You wont be able to use IPhone for online even if you have tethering enabled as Mercedes Bluetooth does not use the same format for dial up networking that Iphone supports. This apprarently due to be fixed in a software release but not until next year.

I also have a work HTC touchphone but yet to try that yet.

Noodler, glad that you are so pleased with the car.

I get mine tomorrow. I asked my dealer if the speed limit assist was on my car and he didn't know, did it come with yours?

Same here, speed limit assist came as standard and never specced it so this should be on your car.

IMO the new steering wheel and colour graphics make a massive difference also.

Thanks for the tip re IPhone, guess will need to wait until the update comes out.

Picked up the car this morning and it is fantastic, far beyond my expectations. The new e350 petrol engine is just so refined and smooth. The whole car is in a different league to my BMW. Mine came with the speed assist as well. The coupe in black just looks stunning.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom