• The Forums are now open to new registrations, adverts are also being de-tuned.

E63 W212 M157 Camshaft Position Sensors - Have you checked?!

sixthree

Car
2015 E63 AMG Wagon
Hi all,

I'm new to the AMG game (2 year owner) and I'm sure it has been documented countless times but after reading many posts about the camshaft position sensors I thought it was worth checking them.

I checked all 4 cam actuators AND 4 cam position sensors and found that 3 out of the 4 cam position sensors were leaking through the sensor into the connector. All four of the cam actuators were fine.

The original ones are Continental branded and the replacements were also Continental direct from Mercedes. The part number is A276-905-1000 and is the latest correct part number. A noticeable visible difference is that the new sensor have a GREEN rubber o-ring. The old ones was just black.

The job took literally 5 minutes per sensor and nothing was too difficult to get to. I also made sure to use some contact cleaner on the harness connectors to make sure all oil residue was taken care of.

I checked my ECU harness and no oil ever made it all the way there. PHEW!

Any questions do let me know but I'm SO much happier knowing everything is nice and new! For reference she has just over 71k miles.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom