E63s Battery Help Please !!!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Alps part no. a0019828108 refers to a normal common AGM battery.
In that case, keep calm and carry on! That’s a relief.

I got a quote from Mercedes and they said for a new battery Volta brand and fitting £470.00 so I'm assuming it's not a lithium battery if the cost is suppsoe to be really high?

I did ask if was a AGM Battery however the lady on the phone couldn't confirm she was just "filling in" for short staff and said to call be Monday

I got a quote from Mercedes and they said for a new battery Volta brand and fitting £470.00 so I'm assuming it's not a lithium battery if the cost is suppsoe to be really high?

I did ask if was a AGM Battery however the lady on the phone couldn't confirm she was just "filling in" for short staff and said to call be Monday
Expensive but closer to AGM than Lithium so that sound positive 👍🏻

What's the difference between Lithium v AGM, their supposed to deliver 12.5v electricity right?

Maybe a difference in internal resistance maybe?

Found the answer here:

Mercedes parts number for the volta battery is definitely an AGM BATTERY!

Thank god for that!

Can anyone confirm the IF this car has an Aux battery if so part number and the location of the battery please ?

Hi All this is the response I got from Lister mercedes Benz on Ebay as suggested by someone earlier in the post

"This vehicle doesn't have a traditional auxiliary battery, they have a voltage converter instead.
We have this listed on our item number 173362187320"

Anyone have any knowledge of this please ?

Where us the voltage converter located ?

Have you tried scanning the QR code on the passenger door, it tells you where the batteries are?
Most likely you have the battery converter.

The converter is likely to be located under the passenger seat or footwell under the carpet or possibly in the rear boot space.

The capacitor is likely to be located at the engine bay, hidden behind the front bumper skin.

I could be wrong though regarding the exact location 🤔

Did you get the battery tested? It's unlikely either the capacitor or converter would develop a fault.

Buddy, double check the battery. Check if Halfords offer a free load test on the battery, your car will likely to have a minimum voltage spec, so if the battery is 0.1v under the spec, it will warning messages.

Avoid replacing parts without checking the battery first 👍

Try the footwell for the capacitor, this video and photo image of the item should help 👍

Can check EPC if you want to send chassis number

Buddy, double check the battery. Check if Halfords offer a free load test on the battery, your car will likely to have a minimum voltage spec, so if the battery is 0.1v under the spec, it will warning messages.

Avoid replacing parts without checking the battery first 👍
Going today to get it tested

Alps part no. a0019828108 refers to a normal common AGM battery.
I stand corrected, yes standard AGM battery, part number correct for the car though, checked against chassis number! Also only one battery in the car.

Update

When driving the cars voltage is up to 14.2V and shows charged on the app

When the cars off it goes down to 12.2V and showd partially charged!

Problem with the battery or even worse alternator?

I've booked in to get it checked out end of week no slots available

Battery would be my guess....it should charge quickly at 14.2v...a full charged flooded battery should be about 12.6v after an hour or so.

Normal battery voltages..
voltchart.gif

....or this if its AGM...

state-of-charge-chart-for-agm-battery.png

Update

When driving the cars voltage is up to 14.2V and shows charged on the app

When the cars off it goes down to 12.2V and showd partially charged!

Problem with the battery or even worse alternator?

I've booked in to get it checked out end of week no slots available
Have you tried a battery charger/maintainer to see if it fully charges? Not a bad idea to do a full charge once in a while. Relatively fe batteries ever reach full charge and so it’s difficult to know whether there is or Ian mr an issue without testing it.

To be honest for the £50-70 it would cost to buy a CTEK MXS 5.0 it’s probably worth buying one, even if you end up replacing the battery. Hooking it periodically will only be good for a battery - new or old.

I'll get battery checked at halfords and if anything I'll pick up the charger at the same time see if it does it any good

Sleep easy, can rule out the alternator, as it's delivering the required charging volts around 14.4v.

Battery should be no less than 12.4v for stop start to work, i think that's the cutoff i.e. computer will not allow it to activate anything under 12.4v.

Touchwood all will be fine, keep it posted. 👍

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom