• The Forums are now open to new registrations, adverts are also being de-tuned.

E63s Battery Help Please !!!

As it has stop start won't there be another aux battery hidden somewhere ?

As it has stop start won't there be another aux battery hidden somewhere ?

Halfords should be able to test the big main battery, that will be the one to test. The aux battery is not really a battery, its a capacitor. I believe it hides under the footwell but could be in a different location from car to car. They won't be able to test the capacitor, it's a replacement item.

First step is to test the battery 👍

Went to get the battery tested !

He done a recode for me which I don't think was previously done and mentioned there was a lot of system noise in the background so he had to wait a little while and he think if this doesn't sort it out there something that's draining the battery but they can't be sure about it.

On the whole the battery is OK according to this

Attachments

• 16741240866785057981132434406145.jpg
    16741240866785057981132434406145.jpg
    649.9 KB · Views: 19
Glad to hear battery is well on load but doesn't help if the problem is not cured after reset.

Is it working now currently working?

The capacity is also a component that can fail, I don't believe there is a way of testing this component manually. The item cost less than 1 hours diagnosis, so will be next thing to tend too.

I read on another thread about apps being left switched on. Try switching off the app, it may cause some drain to the battery 🔋

I'll see how it goes over the next few days and see how it runs fingers crossed it sorted the problem!

If not then you're right the part online for the capacitor is only around £80 and I'm sure I can get fitting if not attemp to do it my self!

The app I don't tend to use it as much only every so often to check is there a way to switch it off ?

A friend with a 2019 e class had mobilo fit battery a0019828108 yesterday for £280, good prompt service.

The local mb van dealer quoted £240+, local mb car dealer parts dept did not answer the phone.

👍

Last edited:
Used car warranty will cover the battery, extended warranty won't FYI

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom