ECU remaps - be aware...

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
I am not saying you removed the DPF in the ecu John.
The ecu was taken to MSL to flatten it and start over as I found it already had a remap when the eml light came on and Mercedes looked at it..
The car was 3 years old when I purchased it..
Assumed the map already had the DPF deleted, and your changes left it as it was as the light was still on...

But if your saying it would clog and die within 200 miles then that theory is out the window - so now I still don't know why it stuck in a regen and I never ever noticed it doing one until the ecu was mapped again.

Not sure if Pip mentioned the ecu went missing in the post, I found it 4 days after the tracking said it was delivered, on the porch of a house 2 doors down where no one has lived for 10 years ! The label and address were perfect, as is the sign on the wall of my house and the number on the house they left it.

Hence with the post as bad as it is at the moment sending my original back maybe chancing things too much ;(

The ecu was taken to MSL to flatten it and start over as I found it already had a remap when the eml light came on and Mercedes looked at it..
Assumed the map already had the DPF deleted, and your changes left it as it was as the light was still on...

But if your saying it would clog and die within 200 miles then that theory is out the window - so now I still don't know why it stuck in a regen and I never ever noticed it doing one until the ecu was mapped again.

Not sure if Pip mentioned the ecu went missing in the post, I found it 4 days after the tracking said it was delivered, on the porch of a house 2 doors down where no one has lived for 10 years ! The label and address were perfect, as is the sign on the wall of my house and the number on the house they left it.

Hence with the post as bad as it is at the moment sending my original back maybe chancing things too much ;(
And

I can't take it to MSL, he told me himself he doesn't do diesels anymore and concentrates on C63's - even if there was a C350 on his Instagram on the 20/1/2021, 2 days after the phone call..
As mentioned it's obviously not a straight forward job so I don't blame him for not wanting to get involved..

Let me think on it...

MSL have always been a bit crap at responding when I contact them - except from when I spoke on the phone to Acid directly, he was great. They also have offered things like 25% off on their instagram and then go super quiet about it and don't reply. I also think they simply aren't exactly excited about mapping diesels, maybe unless it's a 335/435/535d.

GAD on the other hand seem to remap diesels a lot - but in all honesty, GAD have been a bit rude to me when I contact them and their power claims just seem a bit... off. Plus they're banned from this forum for a reason.

That's why when things return to normal a bit more, and I get a remap (whether I roll back the ECU or not), I will be making the trip all the way up to the NE to get @BigFishJohn to do it.

Last edited:
GAD's claims were out there in the days claiming x without before and after , then they got a dyno themselves and showed the plots then they became great realistic figures .

I asked them about what happend to the old higher claims to which I received no reply !

Silly MSL not doing derv as GAD can do 3x 350 CDI in a day getting around 700 Nm .

And

I can't take it to MSL, he told me himself he doesn't do diesels anymore and concentrates on C63's - even if there was a C350 on his Instagram on the 20/1/2021, 2 days after the phone call..
As mentioned it's obviously not a straight forward job so I don't blame him for not wanting to get involved..

Let me think on it...

I've spoken to Acid he has the tooling and I would be in control of it from my end remotely to do it and they will effectively plug in the vehicle etc. It seemed the closest option for you. All the others I work with are more London direction and Midlands area.

I need access to both ECU's and this would be the best route to resolve it once and for all I think.

Happy to offer to cover your fuel costs there and back, would just be your time to sort it.

GAD's claims were out there in the days claiming x without before and after , then they got a dyno themselves and showed the plots then they became great realistic figures .

I asked them about what happend to the old higher claims to which I received no reply !

Silly MSL not doing derv as GAD can do 3x 350 CDI in a day getting around 700 Nm .

I think they do diesel still, I'd guess the person on the phone was just fobbing the OP off because it sounds like a very messy job. And if this thread is anything to go by, it might not have been articulated in the clearest manner possible.

And if this thread is anything to go by, it might not have been articulated in the clearest manner possible.

Sorry English never was my best subject I only got a grade 3 CSE lol....
Now if your talking software programming, design and manufacture of ecu datalogging equipment, diagnostic software and tuning then that is a different matter all together....
Look me up on MVAgusta.net...;)

Are there any other tuners of repute for diesels that members could recommend other than GAD or MSL, in the South of England. 🤨

MSL have always been a bit crap at responding when I contact them - except from when I spoke on the phone to Acid directly, he was great. They also have offered things like 25% off on their instagram and then go super quiet about it and don't reply. I also think they simply aren't exactly excited about mapping diesels, maybe unless it's a 335/435/535d.

GAD on the other hand seem to remap diesels a lot - but in all honesty, GAD have been a bit rude to me when I contact them and their power claims just seem a bit... off. Plus they're banned from this forum for a reason.

That's why when things return to normal a bit more, and I get a remap (whether I roll back the ECU or not), I will be making the trip all the way up to the NE to get @BigFishJohn to do it.
You can go up for free now Ted, Big Fish needs a C350 to test with ?

Attachments

• Screenshot_20210209-151407_Instagram.jpg
    Screenshot_20210209-151407_Instagram.jpg
    441.3 KB · Views: 9
Thanks for that - got really excited but on their site it mentions that it has to be a 2013-2016 :rolleyes:

They would also require your vehicle for 1-2 weeks, so not really possible given the distance

Last edited:
I think it would be 9G for the E-class?. Because the E had 7G+ from 2010, I think it went to 9G with the facelift? Or did they only go 9G in 2016?

But on the C class, it could be 7G+ as they also want C250's from 2010 onwards, if you're interested: Tuning Testers

As I said, they need your car for a while so it's really only useful if you're located near the NE England, and are happy to let them do multiple runs on your car.

Being the inquisitive type and looking to book my 350 diesel in for a remap, I’m very interested to ask why GAD were banned from this forum. I’m not likely to use just anybody, so information on any wrongdoing would be helpful.

Being the inquisitive type and looking to book my 350 diesel in for a remap, I’m very interested to ask why GAD were banned from this forum. I’m not likely to use just anybody, so information on any wrongdoing would be helpful.

Wonder who that actually was ?

Gary is no longer part of the operation .

Only issue I've had is forum posts of remap 'market' leading figures that disappeared overnight when they got their own dyno and actually published the dyno plots .

When I asked what happened to those possible figures I got no response .

I'm happy to say their dyno is very realistic hence..

And they remap 350 CDI's for breakfast .

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom