EGR delete w212 e220

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
While I am no expert, If you travel by plane then what about my lungs and my garden. Should all air travel be banned?

Gazwould Your post made me laugh.
Is anyone going to offer me more than I paid for my car nearly two years ago, Given its only a Euro4.
Yes you are right I looked at a GL Designo was £35.000 next week went to £38.000.
If someone offered me the same as paid and money spent on putting it right I would snap there hand off, Will even wash it to.

It isn't your money you're spending when butchering diesels is knocking the **** out of the secondhand market devaluing the cars 95% of forum members here own.
Simple answer....buy new cars or get a bicycle.

Have a day off trigger. You obviously have no sense of humour.

I think people forget that it's not actually their car. This is my car and my personal preference. If I want to remove my egr then I will do so. I was simply weighing the options up.

I live in London and every day have to put up with all those people who've decided to ditch their EGR's and DPF's.

One person's throttle response is another person's stench.

Quite simply, that's the score.

Simple answer....buy new cars or get a bicycle.
That isn't an answer to anything.
EGR deletes and the like are making diesels a lottery to buy secondhand and it won't be long before they can't be given away - let alone sold to 'buy a new car' or a bicycle. Why should forum members here who have money invested in their diesels help you butcher another one?

Your insurer might have a view on this. You would be driving a vehicle deemed illegal ( MoT fail, not conforming to type approval....) for road use.

That isn't an answer to anything.
EGR deletes and the like are making diesels a lottery to buy secondhand and it won't be long before they can't be given away - let alone sold to 'buy a new car' or a bicycle. Why should forum members here who have money invested in their diesels help you butcher another one?
I don't need the help. I can either take it celtic tuning or anywhere else, for an egr delete...might possibly have the dpf delete also while I'm at it....may aswell 🤣

Celtic Tuning may well be breaking the law, unless their T&Cs state not for road use?

It has always seemed odd to me that anyone would come onto this forum looking for help or advice and argue to the point of rudeness when they get comments they don’t agree with.

Surely we can have reasoned discussions without the need for insults and sarcastic responses?

It has always seemed odd to me that anyone would come onto this forum looking for help or advice and argue to the point of rudeness when they get comments they don’t agree with.

Surely we can have reasoned discussions without the need for insults and sarcastic responses?
You cannot reason with someone who is so arrogant that they believe that only their point of view is valid and clearly have no consideration for others.

Perhaps Admin should ban posts referring to EGR and DPF deletion etc as they do when the discussion turns to buying cloned Star machines?

Whats even more odd is, I actually never asked for anyone's advice. I asked if there was a kit that you can buy. I seem to have got everyone's opinions instead....

Whats even more odd is, I actually never asked for anyone's advice. I asked if there was a kit that you can buy. I seem to have got everyone's opinions instead....
I think this kind of topic always seems to generate opinions! A number of years ago i remember loads of threads (on other marque sites mainly as i didn't have a Mercedes then) covered removal of the various emission control systems in order to gain some performance and it seemed less contentious. But emissions are now more at the forefront than ever, and rightly so is my personal opinion. Guildford where i live for instance has pollution levels from cars twice that recommended as a maximum, so it's a real issue at the moment. Interestingly though, remaps where the main emission control systems are left in place don't seem to attract the same scrutiny. Neither do the larger displacement vehicles in general. Lets face it we could probably all get by driving around in a much more frugal vehicle than we do, but there's a balance between what we emit and the pleasure we get from our vehicles (and also what we already own). Removing emissions control stuff though seems to be the limit of acceptability as i guess it acts as the last line of defence (for us, the environment etc). Plus for a road car it's illegal so you can always expect some concern shown by forum members.

Right lets put an end to all this bickering, lets all get electric cars and get shot of the coal power stations and use renewable energy by cutting down all the trees for the new power stations as the trees are renewable energy. (look it up that what they want) then we don't need egr or dpf. Do what you want the Chinese do and don't give a flying f***, the world is spinning and you get there s**t for free. So if you want to turn it off, turn it off. My wife told me to tell you that :eek: Sit back popcorn time.

Perhaps Admin should ban posts referring to EGR and DPF deletion etc as they do when the discussion turns to buying cloned Star machines?
From the forum's Terms and Rules page:

''You agree to not use the Service to submit or link to any Content which is defamatory, abusive, hateful, threatening, spam or spam-like, likely to offend, contains adult or objectionable content, contains personal information of others, risks copyright infringement, encourages unlawful activity, or otherwise violates any laws.''
and:
''must not submit promotional information about any illegal activities (such as piracy). We will not permit people to use the forums to distribute files/software which are pirated or aid in the production of pirated material.''

Why this isn't pursued re diesel modifications is beyond me. Perhaps there is a belief that discouraging emissions bodges will lead to curtailment of all engine modifications. That would be pretty misguided as it's much more likely that it is this that will end all engine modifications - and usher in more draconian enforcement. In the USA NOx testing and ECU interrogation is part of their MOT equivalent in many states - how long before we get the same?
More and more people are avoiding secondhand diesels because of these issues - knocking the secondhand values of members' cars. Isn't it time the admin took a stance on behalf of its members - or is promoting Shmee150 all that matters to them?

Completely agree with the above.

No idea who Shmee 150 is though! 🤔😁

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom