EML on and lots of random codes

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

OwenS

Car
B200 CDI
Hi all, I hope you can help. I have a 2007 b200cdi se cvt with only 76000 and well maimtained. the eml has suddenly appeared. I parked it up one evening with no problems registered or showing when driving- all was good. Didn't drive for a day and then went to drive one morning later and suddenly car is immediately jumping into limp mode, the eml is on and it changes gear. Cleared fault codes only for them to come back. Have tested battery and all is good. Garage diagnostic lists faults as 2195, 2530, 2527, 2526, 2067, 2514, 2270, 2263, 2251. My question is : is this the ecu that has suddenly died overnight? None of these were present when the car was working the previous night, before parking up.it seems strange to me to sudenly have developed so many overnight when not in use. The garage think it could be ecu and maybe turbo. Would love opinion before I scrap her, as otherwise she is solid and reliable. Thanks in advance.

Hi and welcome. When you say you have tested the battery, how did you do this? I only ask as low batteries can cause a lot of faults in the system.

Did the garage provide you with the description of the fault codes?

Finally, where in the country are you? The car is probably best put on a Xentry diagnostic to see what it comes up with and/or taken to a decent Mercedes Independent (Indy) who knows how to interpret them

Hi and welcome. When you say you have tested the battery, how did you do this? I only ask as low batteries can cause a lot of faults in the system.

Did the garage provide you with the description of the fault codes?

Finally, where in the country are you? The car is probably best put on a Xentry diagnostic to see what it comes up with and/or taken to a decent Mercedes Independent (Indy) who knows how to interpret them
Hi,I'm from Brighton but I am reluctant to go to mwrc here as so expensive. I tested the battery with a multimeter, both with engine on and off, and also when starting and the draw didn't go below 10v. Running it was up at 14.i have the descriptions and they are as follows:eek:2 sensor short to ground;inlet port shut off short to ground;egr short to ground; charge pressure controll pressure transducer short to ground;short film.mass air flow sensor;vent line heater element short to ground.glow time output.generator. and esp limp mode.

Hi,I'm from Brighton but I am reluctant to go to mwrc here as so expensive. I tested the battery with a multimeter, both with engine on and off, and also when starting and the draw didn't go below 10v. Running it was up at 14.i have the descriptions and they are as follows:eek:2 sensor short to ground;inlet port shut off short to ground;egr short to ground; charge pressure controll pressure transducer short to ground;short film.mass air flow sensor;vent line heater element short to ground.glow time output.generator. and esp limp mode.
O2 sensor where the emoji appeared

Seems like usual CDI issues. Could be the EGR sticking or even a faulty MAF. Could just be coked up. I don't think the ECU is dead at all. Are most of your journeys short? Has it ever been for a decent blast down the motorway?

Seems like usual CDI issues. Could be the EGR sticking or even a faulty MAF. Could just be coked up. I don't think the ECU is dead at all. Are most of your journeys short? Has it ever been for a decent blast down the motorway?
Hi, all journeys are a good 30 min blast on mw and country roads so its high revs and high speed, twice a day. It was all fine when I turned off the car, so not sure how those faults could develop overnight. This is what was strange. The warning light didn't appear when driving and there was no loss in power before turning off. I'm stumped.

You need to get this on STAR, find a good independent. With so may codes trying to find exactly what is causing those needs a deeper look than a normal scanner. Cheaper in the long run than trying to fix each of those as the fault may just be a wiring or ground fault or a single component failure.

^^Agreed.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom