EQC avoid avoid avoid !!!!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Mapp

Car
EQC Mercedes
Hi, took delivery of new EQC, lasted two weeks 800 miles before a malfunction, after the RAC looked at the car informed it was an heat sensor on the battery, dreaded trip to the dealers, now after near two weeks no one knows how to fix the car, awaiting for some guy in Germany to take a look and find a solution to the fault, no date given for response will get back in due course, struggled to get a replacement car from Mercedes this took a week, Customer service is rubbish, don't care, a lot of raised shoulders, would recommend going to an alternative manufacture with tried and tested technology before buying a Mercedes.

Hi and welcome. Have you rejected the vehicle yet or Mercedes given you any other options?

Reject the car?
@Mapp Sorry you're having this experience. I know people who have got an EQC and are really happy with the car, with no problems. It's just bad luck. You can find the same horror stories with other brand new MB (non EV) models and other manufacturers.

Like @jimbg I would look at rejecting the car and getting a refund (if you feel like it's going to be a long drawn out saga and you don't have faith in their ability to fix it quickly)

SOME EQC DETAIL HERE

3 THINGS MAY BE CONSPIRING AGAINST YOU HERE TO ACHIEVE AN ADEQUATELY RAPID SOLUTION.
COVID 19
BREXIT
DEALER UNFAMILIARITY WITH A LOW VOLUME NEW MODEL- SOMETHING THAT'S NOT CONFINED TO THE EQC MODEL ALONE
thats by way of an explanation not an excuse!

The EQC model makes extensive use of battery and charger cooling and it would appear that something has gone wrong with the cooling system or its monitoring sensors. Out of curiosity have you employed any rapid charging facilities since you bought the car?
Have you tried MB UK headquarters to expedite affairs?

SOME EQC DETAIL HERE

3 THINGS MAY BE CONSPIRING AGAINST YOU HERE TO ACHIEVE AN ADEQUATELY RAPID SOLUTION.
COVID 19
BREXIT
DEALER UNFAMILIARITY WITH A LOW VOLUME NEW MODEL- SOMETHING THAT'S NOT CONFINED TO THE EQC MODEL ALONE
thats by way of an explanation not an excuse!

The EQC model makes extensive use of battery and charger cooling and it would appear that something has gone wrong with the cooling system or its monitoring sensors. Out of curiosity have you employed any rapid charging facilities since you bought the car?
Have you tried MB UK headquarters to expedite affairs?
No to all avoid, it seems despite the error code showing it's a heat sensor it is working, been informed by dealer that they are unclear what the fault is with the car and awaiting Mercedes technical to look into however after 10 days they still have not looked into a solution. I have been in contact with MB uk and they informed they would get back to me in the next 5 days with a response. The car would of been of the road three weeks, longer then the time I got to use from new.

@Mapp Sorry you're having this experience. I know people who have got an EQC and are really happy with the car, with no problems. It's just bad luck. You can find the same horror stories with other brand new MB (non EV) models and other manufacturers.

Like @jimbg I would look at rejecting the car and getting a refund (if you feel like it's going to be a long drawn out saga and you don't have faith in their ability to fix it quickly)
Thanks refund looks like the only option

Reject it and go elsewhere for an EV. MB are still stuck firmly in denial mode at the moment, deperqte to keep churning out ICE any way they can. Their EV attempts so far are dire IMO.

It is not only MB.

I have been on the fence for the last year about buying an EV or hybrid and seriously have considered the Audi Etron and also BMW X5 hybrid.

In the Audi and BMW forums there have been reports of problems with batteries and when it happens it seems to completely stump the dealers and also the manufacturers.

If you are unfortunate enough to suffer this sort of problem it literally seems to take months to fix.

It is not only MB.

I have been on the fence for the last year about buying an EV or hybrid and seriously have considered the Audi Etron and also BMW X5 hybrid.

In the Audi and BMW forums there have been reports of problems with batteries and when it happens it seems to completely stump the dealers and also the manufacturers.

If you are unfortunate enough to suffer this sort of problem it literally seems to take months to fix.

@jimbg Important to put things into perspective. It's usually people who have problems that post to forums. How many satisfied buyers of new cars are turning to forums to say "Hey, my new car has no problems"

If one takes a look at the Tesla forums, on first glance it's enough to put some people off, given how many issues there are with even the Model 3 that new buyers have to deal with (and wait for parts/repair etc) but what gets reported on forums isn't necessarily representative of ALL Tesla owners, just like this EQC experience isn't representative of all EQC owners.

However, I do take on board your point about the complex nature of EVs/Hybrids in German brands causing issues in terms of repairs and diagnostics. It's quite clear that at least in the UK, staff haven't been trained very much (if at all) on their company's EV/hybrid models and the nuances.

As said above don't wait too long, Reject the car in writing.

Your local sparky would have fixed it in no time :)

Hi Mapp and welcome . my 2p worth is that buyers of the latest models of EV's (of any marque) are being treated as guinea pigs in a very expensive (outside of the 'control' laboratory) experiment.

I hope it works out for you Mapp.

I genuinely think anyone buying top end full EVs are rather brave. I’ll hold on till December 2029 before I buy a full EV.

It’s a shame what has happened and hope you get a resolution to your liking. I have to say that my Model 3 has been great. No major issues and does what it says on the tin.

@jimbg Important to put things into perspective. It's usually people who have problems that post to forums. How many satisfied buyers of new cars are turning to forums to say "Hey, my new car has no problems"

If one takes a look at the Tesla forums, on first glance it's enough to put some people off, given how many issues there are with even the Model 3 that new buyers have to deal with (and wait for parts/repair etc) but what gets reported on forums isn't necessarily representative of ALL Tesla owners, just like this EQC experience isn't representative of all EQC owners.

However, I do take on board your point about the complex nature of EVs/Hybrids in German brands causing issues in terms of repairs and diagnostics. It's quite clear that at least in the UK, staff haven't been trained very much (if at all) on their company's EV/hybrid models and the nuances.

I agree that it is hopefully not too frequent a problem, but when it does happen then you are in seriously deep doo doo! :(

No to all avoid, it seems despite the error code showing it's a heat sensor it is working, been informed by dealer that they are unclear what the fault is with the car and awaiting Mercedes technical to look into however after 10 days they still have not looked into a solution. I have been in contact with MB uk and they informed they would get back to me in the next 5 days with a response. The car would of been of the road three weeks, longer then the time I got to use from new.
You mention a 5 day response from MB UK Customer Services, so does that mean you sent them an email? If so, call them 👍🏻

I suggest that you ensure that there is a "paper trail" so email them and follow through with a telephone call.

Get the email address & name of everyone to whom you speak, and confirm the conversation with them by email as soon as possible after the end of the conversation.

Do you have finance on the car? Was any part of the price paid with a credit card?

NJSS

£65k + and that level of customer service. 😳
Incredible.
Reminds me of a Kawasaki GPz1100 I bought brand new many years ago when digital fuel injection was new technology.
After a short while it would only run on 3 cylinders and I took it back to be fixed under warranty. It lay untouched in the workshop for days and when I complained to the manager about how long it was taking to be repaired he simply said, "we know nothing about fuel injection and we're not going to learn it in the next 10 minutes".

Buyers of cars with the very latest technology are really just guinnea pigs.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom