F1 2011

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Stratman

MB Enthusiast
Car
W203 C200 CDI '04Estate
Haven't seen a thread on this year's F1 so I thought I'd bravely get one up and running.

The big surprise has to be McLaren. Their leap of faith in making untested alterations after testing has certainly paid off. I also can't help wondering how much Vettel shredded his tyres to go 0.8s quicker than Hamilton. I wouldn't be at all surprised if McLaren's race pace were to be closer to that of the fizzypopmobile.

The variable rear wing looks like an accident waiting to happen, and a serious one at that. The first time one sticks up will cause a huge smash.

At least we're spared Bernie's sprinlkers for now. Why stop there Bernie? Go the whole hog and have the clown's mouth and the windmill as well.

Looking forward to the new season and now in HD:thumb:

Interesting rumour on the go about the Mini-KERS system that Red Bull are allegedly using to get a fast start.

Will the gamble pay off ?

Don't they have to start the race with no energy stored?

The cold tyres seem to be catching some drivers out. Not a great advertisement for P-Zero ;)

[YOUTUBE]42NDFJJDvQY[/YOUTUBE]

[YOUTUBE]Lphu0kn_NR4[/YOUTUBE]

"Our" team (My company is a sponsor of Virgin Marussia) managed to scrape the last places.

Auspicious start it ain't.

I thought the Hispania cars were last. Or because they are outside the 107% rule therefore not starting tomorrow?

Outside the 107% last time I checked they weren't "invited back" to play.

Really looking forward to the race tomorrow. I expect a Red Bull win but watch Button as he is quick round there.

The variable rear wing looks like an accident waiting to happen, and a serious one at that. The first time one sticks up will cause a huge smash.

I concur.

My feeling watching qualifying is that we'll see the championship affected by the injury of a top driver.

Really looking forward to the race tomorrow. I expect a Red Bull win but watch Button as he is quick round there.

Saw the interview with Christian Horner after qualy and was left with no doubt that they are a single driver team.

OTOH listening to Martin Whitmarsh it's obvious McLaren are a two driver team.

im excited for this season.. T minus 2hrs 35 minutes..

im staying up!

Was on BBC HD but not in HD :(

It was on mine!:D One of the best things about it this year!
Still a bit confused about whether it was a Russian, Renault or Lotus in 3rd place:devil:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom