Face Lift 202???

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

C43AMG

MB Enthusiast
SUPPORTER
Car
500L ( W221 ), 2014 AMG CL 5.5 Biturbo ( W216 ) Sold, 2014 Brabus Smart ( 451 Coupe ) Mapped 130bhp
Hi,

As a new member,and new to the W202 model.Can you tell me what year the facelift started.The C43AMG i have just bought is a 2000.The reason i ask is in the section HOW TO DO IT a lot is mentioned about Pre facelift.As you can see i have 560SEC and a S55L,i have never been involved with the 202 always wanted a C43.Just fitted the evo pedals and replaced the Sport side decals with AMG decals am waiting for the Avantgarde grill,and my better half bought me a set of AMG illuminated sills,Mercman is sending me a Auto dimming RVM , and i am waiting for Steve in Holland to give me a quote for fitting the Command and the 210 blinking mirrows.So you see i would like to find as much as i can about the C Class.

Many Thanks.

Peter.

Ur car is def a facelift.

Prior to the C43 it was the C36. Yours is def the later model.

Main cosmetic changes to the facelift standard W202 were new buimper and side skirt modifications in addition to the rear ligth clusters. On the C43 the bodykit was modified (from what I know). Engine line up also changed to.

Flash

The facelift happened sometime in 1997, so your car is a facelift model.

BTW, sorry for not replying to your PM yet... In answer to your question my previous W202 had automatic climate control and comand went in perfectly.

likeitwastherefromday1.jpg

Good luck with your mods :)

Thanks for the imformation,Shude it looks great,just have to find someone to fit it for me.I hope Steve will come to the U.K soon.

Regards.

Peter

Ashkan's C280

I wish it had!!

Peter

Well,my V5 says first registered 14/03/200. The grill has two chrome horizontal lines not five.How can you find out what year the build was? It was M.B. demonstrator for the first four month's of it's life in Huddersfield.!!!

Peter

Probably registered in 2000 but manufactured in 1999, the 2000 cars had different alloys, cant remember the name but they are the ones from the CLK55

Mambo,

Yes, i supose 99 to 14/03/200 not long, must have been 99 when built.

Peter.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom