Failed MOT on headlight washers ??

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
I’ve just had my MOT failed for the same issue. Any suggestions how to fix?

This is the video of the fault
Looks like a blockage in the supply not giving enough pressure to fully extend it. Fnnaarr

Looks like a blockage in the supply not giving enough pressure to fully extend it. Fnnaarr
Sorry probably not the best video, i'll get another one showing what happens without the cover there,
Would a blockage be a complicated fix, I believe it could be that or the actual spray unit is a little bit offset, so when activated it hits the side of the exit flap rather than the middle (not sure if there's more pressure it would overcome this/or if corrected the pressure may enough).

Sorry probably not the best video, i'll get another one showing what happens without the cover there,
Would a blockage be a complicated fix, I believe it could be that or the actual spray unit is a little bit offset, so when activated it hits the side of the exit flap rather than the middle (not sure if there's more pressure it would overcome this/or if corrected the pressure may enough).
Could be but agree, you can’t get the full picture as to what is happening from the video.

As a footnote, I was a shocked that on collection was advised the cost of the repair (seized washer pump) was £200. The actual part was listed as £65.
I was quoted around £70 from Mercedes for the same part for my CLK, had a look on ebay and got the same part for £11 without the mercedes box.

I’ve just had my MOT failed for the same issue. Any suggestions how to fix?

This is the video of the fault
I had the same problem with the wife's B200, in the end i disconnected the feed to the washer pump, took it back and it passed.
Tester said it had to work properly to pass the MOT, but if didn't attempt to work then it was OK to pass it.

I had the same problem with the wife's B200, in the end i disconnected the feed to the washer pump, took it back and it passed.
Tester said it had to work properly to pass the MOT, but if didn't attempt to work then it was OK to pass it.
Okay great i'll give the garage a call tomorrow and see if they would pass it if I disconnect. Did you find it rather easy to do?

Okay great i'll give the garage a call tomorrow and see if they would pass it if I disconnect. Did you find it rather easy to do?
I had to partly remove the inner nearside wheel arch to get at the washer bottle, then unplugged the power cable, job done.

I had to partly remove the inner nearside wheel arch to get at the washer bottle, then unplugged the power cable, job done.
I called the garage and apparently any car after 2009 needs to have this function working, was worth a shot!

I called the garage and apparently any car after 2009 needs to have this function working, was worth a shot!
Well i must be lucky with my MOT tester, our B200 is a 2012 model and its not worked for 2 years.

Here’s the updated video of the fault, it seems to be working fine just a little bit offset, if anyone has any ideas that would be amazing!

Have just added a updated video above
In your initial video the nearside shows 2 jets working correctly, the updated clip showing the drivers side it seems there is only one jet to be seen, has one been broken off ?

In your initial video the nearside shows 2 jets working correctly, the updated clip showing the drivers side it seems there is only one jet to be seen, has one been broken off ?
No I believe the other jet is still there it’s just hitting the bracket therefor not extending fully out, assuming the other jet not seen will be spraying inside. Just needs to be moved 3cm outwards

No I believe the other jet is still there it’s just hitting the bracket therefor not extending fully out, assuming the other jet not seen will be spraying inside. Just needs to be moved 3cm outwards
It doesn't look properly located to me either. I think they push the cover out of the way from the centre so my start point would be removal of the headlight or bumper to see why it isn't sitting in the right place. You have an alignment issue rather than a failed component there. I doubt it will be too bad to correct and as MOT failures go, that's not a bad one.

It doesn't look properly located to me either. I think they push the cover out of the way from the centre so my start point would be removal of the headlight or bumper to see why it isn't sitting in the right place. You have an alignment issue rather than a failed component there. I doubt it will be too bad to correct and as MOT failures go, that's not a bad one.
Yeah I’ve managed to fix it now, simple as getting under there with a few Poundland cable ties in a row to attach the tube so a bracket so it holds it at the correct angle.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom