First detail on the E63 (Photo heavy)

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
So its been 6 months since I bought the car and today I gave the E63 its first detail in my ownership.
It was also the first time I have used a DA polisher, and after going over the bonnet of Mrs AMGeed's Kia, I was ready to tackle the black car.

But first I hosed the car down with a pressure washer to get rid of the worst of the dust/dirt. Then a wash with Megs Gold class shampoo using the two bucket method. I used Carplan Demon Machine Rapid Dirt Shifter on the wheels which were caked in brake dust. Again, power washed to clean off and onto the next stage.
Time for the Megs Clay Mitt with brilliant shine detailer as a lube, then another wash with shampoo and a power rinse off and dried with microfibre towels.

Then it was time for my first use of a polisher and to be honest, it really is easy. I just have to get to grips with which pads are recommended for different stages/jobs.
I used an orange medium pad and applied PoorBoys Black Hole glaze and buffed off by hand with a new microfibre towel. Looking good, it was then time for a wax. I'm using Bilt Hamber Double speed wax and decided to apply this with the provided sponge applicator and buffed off with another new microfibre towel.
Next came an application of Sonax BSD wiped off with another towel. Almost done.
I still have to dress the wheels, wax the rims and polish and wax the door shuts and inside the bonnet. The engine is as clean as a whistle and not at all dusty as its good for now.
I'm pleased with the results and really recommend both glaze and wax although this new Turtle Wax ceramic stuff looks worth a try.

A few gratuitous photos of the finished job.

View attachment 94032 View attachment 94033 View attachment 94035 View attachment 94036 View attachment 94037 View attachment 94038 View attachment 94039 View attachment 94040
Great Job

Are you going to give the turtle wax ceramic stuff a go Rog? Will be interested in knowing the results if you do. My car had full gtechnic ceramic coating applied when it was detailed but that was some years ago now. It still cleans up really well, but been thinking of giving it a freshen up myself. Easier with silver I guess but nowhere to hide with a lovely black like yours. A black car always looks better than anything else though when it’s clean:thumb:

I don't know Simon. In reality, it needs the paintwork detailed properly beforehand. I'm just a beginner and don't even know which products are best or which pads do what:D
Once that is done, I would like to get it ceramic coated, but this Turtle Wet Wax has had a lot of positive reviews and isn't going to break the bank to try it out.
You are right in that a properly polished black car is hard to beat. I never had the feeling my silver one was ever really shiny compared to a dark colour.

Keep us updated Rog. It certainly looks great in the pics, so you’ve definitely done something right with the polishing.
I’m blaming you - I’ve ordered a polisher myself now, but awaiting stock delivery from Italy.

The sheer amount of passion and effort you've placed into car is apparent, it looks flawless - awesome!

Is it just me that sees "any way up" in Yorkshire, in this picture?

20200403_154628-jpg.94036
Looks better than when it left the showroom

Looks a real treat

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom