First detail on the E63 (Photo heavy)

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Absolutely stunning Roger, well done!

What DA polisher do you have Roger? Recommended?

Lovely deep shine on it :cool:

Looks a beauty!

What DA polisher do you have Roger? Recommended?

Just a cheap one Simon. You can probably get better for the money but this one was easy to use and seems OK on first use.

Nice one Roger :thumb: Blimey that is cheap, the ones I'd been looking at are north of £300!!

Had a go this morning, with my DA polisher,
(Argos £45) Clay mitted it 1st using Autoglym Detail Spray as lube, then used the Orange pad with Autoglym cutting polish, then used the White pad with Autoglym Super Resin polish, then waxed it with Simoniz wax because I had that in. Can't really tell if I've removed any swirling, it's hard to see on a White car, but the paint work looks great and it smooth like glass, using the plastic bag test. :)

Last edited:
Im in the market for a polisher, ive just seen one on WIDO for £64.99 with the various sponge pads, can anyone recommend a half decent polisher/DA ?

Im in the market for a polisher, ive just seen one on WIDO for £64.99 with the various sponge pads, can anyone recommend a half decent polisher/DA ?
Argos are doing a DA polisher for 50 quid, the one I've got is great, plenty good enough for the amateur detailer, have a look online, it gets great reviews. :)

More money than the one in your link, but the DAS-6 v2 seems to get lots of recommendations on the detailing forums as the 'go to' beginner machine. Out of stock on the below link, but may be worth searching for? It seems to get re-branded a lot.

I'm very particular where things are manufactured, so I'm actually looking at biting the bullet and investing in a Rupes DA polisher. I can pretend its for work use;)

I just bought that polisher from Wido along with some lube, will do before and after photos

Gave the car a quick detail today with Autoglym Rapid Detailer spray. Payed particular attention to the wheels, sills and the bottom of the car using Autoglym Paint Renovator. Glass, Autoglym Fast Glass. Tyres, Autoglym instant Tyre Shine. :) :cool:
20200423_143058.jpg
20200423_143249.jpg
20200423_143316.jpg

Is this the detailing thread for everyone now?:wallbash:

Sorry Tony, but its been somewhat ruined.

On the contrary, Rogers gleaming results has sparked an interest in me to get a similar deep gloss on my car...

SmartAMG that coupe looks mintaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa........

Last edited:
Are you going to give the turtle wax ceramic stuff a go Rog? Will be interested in knowing the results if you do. My car had full gtechnic ceramic coating applied when it was detailed but that was some years ago now. It still cleans up really well, but been thinking of giving it a freshen up myself. Easier with silver I guess but nowhere to hide with a lovely black like yours. A black car always looks better than anything else though when it’s clean:thumb:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom