Flat battery - W204 C350

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
The Bosch S5 arrived, quick question on the vent hole, is it meant to be sealed as is and just plug in the pipe from the old battery20200617_161015.jpg

If you have the vent pipe and the hole you can plug it in. My replacement didn’t however general consensus is if you have it and can plug it then feel free. If you haven’t then not the end of the world. Taking into account it’s in the boot. But I’ll defer to the more respected and experienced members of this club to correct me 🙂

Just removed the old varta battery - It was identical with a vent either side and looking closer with glasses on 😉 you can see the white baffle (I think)

Fitted the vent pipe straight where it came from on the positive side.

The other side was not plugged in the original so left the new one the same...

Did it have a plug as part of the terminal covers?
Dead right, didn't even think about it as the original had the other hole left open..
Not much point in the breather for the last 8 years !

Ok, need to get one ordered, whats the best place to get one...anyone used Tayna, £180 for a Bosch S5 AGM 95 850.

My original is the standard Merc fit Varta
I have used Tayna lot's of times for all sorts of batteries ,Van , Motorcycle , car including my moms mobility scooter and a child's electric motorbike ! Never had a problem with them. NOTE: Make sure you order the correct thing if using them (they are very helpful) if it's wrong YOU pay return postage...batteries are heavy !

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom