fondmetal are they a good wheel?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

RickyBurrows

Banned
Car
Mercedes e320 cdi sport
I'm looking at some fondmetal stc10 wheels I really like the design but not sure if there a decent make, has anyone experienced this make of wheel?

Not got direct experience, but they're an established brand and so that would give me more confidence than a brand I've never heard of.

Not sure about the company nowadays, but I'm pretty sure they used to make F1 wheels not so long ago, so I would guess they are probably pretty good.
Not really helpful I know :crazy:

Matt

Not sure about the company nowadays, but I'm pretty sure they used to make F1 wheels not so long ago, so I would guess they are probably pretty good.
Not really helpful I know :crazy:

Matt

Now that's what I initially thought, but I think Fontmetal F1 and the wheel company seem to have nothing to do with each other.

Hi A, you could well be right. I have a small inkling they were involved with Minardi in the early 90's ??
But what do I know :D

Matt

Thanks for the replys gives me a bit more confidence knowing people have heard of them.

The second wheel :thumb:

Matt

Just found out it's only the rear wheels that are concave think it will look weird with the fronts flat and rear concave, this is hard, I found some bbs wheels they were perfect in matt platinum but only do a 19x8.5 I need 9.5 for the rear.

Think I'm going to go with the 9rr (first picture) there a lightweight wheel aswell so should help my boat a bit, I'll go home later double check but more than likely order them I think.

After a few weeks of sleepless nights I've brought some wheels when they arrive I'll post some pics, I'll more than likely paint them gloss black but I'll see what there like silver.

There 19's 8.5j front & 10j rear

With centre caps

3SDM.0.04_1.jpg

Without centre caps

3sdm-004-nocaps2.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom