For those renewing an Aviva motor policy...

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Who knows - I’m only hypothesising..

You couldn't make this stuff up with Avia, I need to vent so please bear with me. ;)

We changed our Aviva Fleet policiy over to 3 separate AvivaPlus policies back in March.
Been with them (business) for years, don't recall having a claim but may have many many moons ago.
Put down that we had 5 years No Claims Discount (NCD) being named drivers on the companies Fleet Policy for many decades.

Registered addresses (V5) of vehicles changed to home addresses (from business) and now insured by the main driver as per their guidelines.

Get a call from colleague this morning asking if I had received a letter saying they had tried to get in touch, had been unable to get him and were removing the NCD with policy going up from £56 to £82 month.

Wait for postman, I get same letter with similar increase.

No one from Aviva has been in touch by either email, phone or post! :mad:

I then call Aviva, explain they have insured us and the vehicles for many years and they should be able to check the NCD.
They say they cannot confirm the NCD as it is a different company! :rolleyes:

After going around in circles I resign myself to the fact that I am not going to get anywhere with them. :wallbash:

Off I go to the Broker (the one that no longer has the business) and ask them if they can provide a NCD certificate.
They can they say but not directly, they will have to request this from Aviva.
Then they email me a document on Aviva letterhead signed Aviva Insurance Ltd.

I've now emailed the Aviva document to Aviva, don't hold out much hope of this ending well.

Ironically we went with AvivaPlus even though the policy was slightly more expensive as we thought the change should have been seamless. :oops:

You couldn't make this stuff up with Avia, I need to vent so please bear with me. ;)

We changed our Aviva Fleet policiy over to 3 separate AvivaPlus policies back in March.
Been with them (business) for years, don't recall having a claim but may have many many moons ago.
Put down that we had 5 years No Claims Discount (NCD) being named drivers on the companies Fleet Policy for many decades.

Registered addresses (V5) of vehicles changed to home addresses (from business) and now insured by the main driver as per their guidelines.

Get a call from colleague this morning asking if I had received a letter saying they had tried to get in touch, had been unable to get him and were removing the NCD with policy going up from £56 to £82 month.

I then call Aviva, explain they have insured us and the vehicles for many years and they should be able to check the NCD.

After going around in circles I resign myself to the fact that I am not going to get anywhere with them. :wallbash:

Off I go to the Broker (the one that no longer has the business) and ask them if they can provide a NCD certificate.

I've now emailed the Aviva document to Aviva, don't hold out much hope of this ending well.

Ironically we went with AvivaPlus even though the policy was slightly more expensive as we thought the change should have been seamless. :oops:
This could be one for their complaints department. I complained about some similarly daft behaviour with home insurance once and found the complaints procedure to be very good. There was a proper independent department who investigated and corrected the issue. That was a long time ago and things could have changed, but I’d hope they still take complaints seriously as they don’t want the onbudsman (or the Saturday Telegraph) stepping in if they don’t sort it to your satisfaction the first time.

This could be one for their complaints department.

Think that is where it will be going over the next day or two.

My promised call back from the lady today did not transpire, she assured me she may not ring back within the hour but would certainly call me back today.

Of course no reply to the email I sent but that is to be expected.

Still waiting on the promised call back from Angela.

Have now lodged a complaint.

You honestly couldn't make this up.

Have just received a letter from Aviva saying they cannot accept the Aviva issued NCD document I sent. :wallbash: :wallbash:

Just to be even more clear they have asked me to reply by 12th May.

Reactions: 219
Its strange as I have the plus policy for my mrs on her car and it was cheap, so I quickly checked to see what my quote would be on my car. £10,000. I was gobsmacked lol
You do insist on doing 30,000 miles per year in your Pagani Zonda though, and keeping it in the street in central London 😁

I had something similar with them a while back ; I too had been with Aviva for a number of years , then one year the renewal quote was excessive , so I shopped around and got a much lower quote from RAC insurance . Thing is , RAC Insurance is Aviva , the office address on their correspondence is the same . I had the same question about proof of NCD , so I phoned them up and said - you're part of Aviva , Right ? Yes , came the answer ... so can;t you just confirm the NCD internally ? Oh no , we can't do that . So I had to request the NCD certificate from Aviva , and send it to RAC , who are part of their company and based in the same building !

I've since alternated between the two companies since they give good prices for years 1 and two , but hike the price on year three ; switching to the other company resets it back to year one and low prices for exactly the same cover .

No insurer seems to reward customer loyalty , where a claim free customer stays with the same company for years , as used to be the norm .

Same service on Wednesday, called them about the NCD certificate, promised a call back, didn't happen.

You do insist on doing 30,000 miles per year in your Pagani Zonda though, and keeping it in the street in central London 😁
Haha I wish

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom