• The Forums are now open to new registrations, adverts are also being de-tuned.

Ford Focus 1.0

davidjpowell

MB Enthusiast
Car
E350 w212 and Ford Ranger
After a minor upset (Range Rover broken!) I'm in a Ford Focus 1.0 Supposed to be taking this tomorrow on a long run, but circumstances have changed this evening, and it's likely to go back to Hertz having done around 4 miles... Should confuse them!

But in my brief time what a marvellous car. I'd been a bit put out when I saw the engine size, but it's got plenty of pull, and lots of kit. Handles very well too.

Really really surprised and impressed.

I've heard good things about them.
I think there was a 5th Gear team test a while back which gave good results

Got the slightly larger engine version but have driven the 1.0 L turbo which went really well. Still not as good a ride as my 190 though!

No one even half sane ever pays list.

Ford make very high quality cars, sadly the brand occludes that.

No one even half sane ever pays list.

Ford make very high quality cars, sadly the brand occludes that.

Not many people are buying cars in the normal way anymore, so they are paying full price.

You will have seen the increase in sales of new cars in past year or so.

'Experts' say it is all down to people wanting the perceived high MPG on offer and so they are buying via the perceived cheap PCP contract route, and 'building' their new car via the manufacturers online facility.

They end up with a cheap 'starter' car, but costing around £17k with the options; and are able to drive it away for minimal deposit and low monthly cost !

I've driven 1,000s of miles in the new Focus and Fiestas with the 1.0-litre Ecoboost engine, in auto and manual form, 80PS and 100PS, and can agree with you that it is indeed a brilliant engine. I can highly recommend it.

Lots of poke whatever speed you're at. The tuned 100PS or 125PS versions are obviously better if you do a lot of motorway driving but the 80PS is still capable and is better for town driving.

A tuned version is going in the Mondeo later this year and even the Galaxy shortly after that.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom