Forgive me!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Jellinek

Car
E280 CDi
I was desperate. I'd started a new job & whilst 20 MPG in My S320 was bringing in a deluge of Clubcard Points, I needed something more frugal. In rolls a 2005 Audi A6 2.0 TDi. Dealer serviced from new & double the MPG. Sorted! 6 months in I questioned the whole manual gearbox thing. Clutch down, 1st gear, clutch up, accelerate. Clutch down, 2nd gear, clutch up... Much like the Karate Kid "Wipe on, wipe off" but without the calming presence of Mr Miyagi. The Audi went & was replaced by, wait...The Lion King (Peugeot 607)! If it was good enough for Francois Mitterrand, it was good enough for me.
2 weeks in & the auto box gave in & limped home. This was in addition to the radio periodically increasing the volume on it's own (presumably when it liked the song) & the mystery of the 'auxilliary' battery. The dealer, fearful of a BBC Watchdog expose (you know, all pixelated faces, lunging at the camera man & hiding in a store room whilst effing & jeffing at Matt Allwright followed by a 'statement') I received a full refund! After briefly considering a Peugeot 3008 (don't worry, I've booked an appointment with my Psychiatrist) I am now the owner of a 2005 E280 CDi. Just £1800 with a 'recent' service, new MOT & a full polish!
I vow never to stray again!

Welcome.

The E280 CDI is a fine car... :thumb: and plenty to choose from as Londoners shun older Diesels due to not being ULEZ compliant.

I was desperate. I'd started a new job & whilst 20 MPG in My S320 was bringing in a deluge of Clubcard Points, I needed something more frugal. In rolls a 2005 Audi A6 2.0 TDi. Dealer serviced from new & double the MPG. Sorted! 6 months in I questioned the whole manual gearbox thing. Clutch down, 1st gear, clutch up, accelerate. Clutch down, 2nd gear, clutch up... Much like the Karate Kid "Wipe on, wipe off" but without the calming presence of Mr Miyagi. The Audi went & was replaced by, wait...The Lion King (Peugeot 607)! If it was good enough for Francois Mitterrand, it was good enough for me.
2 weeks in & the auto box gave in & limped home. This was in addition to the radio periodically increasing the volume on it's own (presumably when it liked the song) & the mystery of the 'auxilliary' battery. The dealer, fearful of a BBC Watchdog expose (you know, all pixelated faces, lunging at the camera man & hiding in a store room whilst effing & jeffing at Matt Allwright followed by a 'statement') I received a full refund! After briefly considering a Peugeot 3008 (don't worry, I've booked an appointment with my Psychiatrist) I am now the owner of a 2005 E280 CDi. Just £1800 with a 'recent' service, new MOT & a full polish!
I vow never to stray again!
Lucky escape I reckon :D

You live life on the edge Chumbly,some near misses there,saved by a E280 :rolleyes:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom