Foxes

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

tonysurf

Car
E Class Cab
Cut a long story short, I have had several visits from the nocturnal wanderers. I solved the problem of them defecating on my soft top roof, by fitting a cover every night, bit of a pain in the back side. that appears to have solved that one, now they merely sh*t on that instead.

They must have got bored or are seeking revenge as i have removed their comfortable and warm roosting point, so now they have started eating the DB aerial on the boot lid, short of buying a total car cover, which I really don't want to do, has any one any ideas to stop them doing this.

TIA

We and our neighbours have the same issue. Our neighbours say they have solved it with a solar powered high sonic pest repeller. No more fox or cat shit. I keep meaning to get one but just have not got round to it. For us the just wakl all over the cars each nigh covering them with muddy paw prints and an scratches where they jump up. Really not good for my OCD car cleaning issues!

A (half) serious suggestion: A technique a friend used to stop his dog chewing furniture legs was to paint them with incendiary heat chilli oil. Might be worth a try on the DAB aerial?

Who doesn't love Mercedes if foxes decided to use your car as a cr@pper? ;)
I know it's not very fun to clean the car everytime foxes decides to dump their load on your car.
I think you should be honored if foxes have good taste for MB. :)
It gives good luck.;)

Last edited:
Aren't there laws about discharging a firearm in a residential area, let alone those about owning a shotgun! Besides which the collateral damage of grapeshot close to the roof of your car, and I don't think you'd want to use "loaded for bear" solid shot (even if you could buy it in this country!)

They do come at night into our communal garden, magnificent beasts that they are (as seen on our CCTV), but we fear for our (rather fat) cat and for our (very small) dog, especially during summertime when the cat goes out at night. They have dispatched a pet rabbit in our area... :(

I do have a Firearm Certificate, but it's a useless idea for several practical and moral (and legal!) reasons, not the least of which is that it would require being awake all night long in anticipation.... :D

How long has it's been a tradition hunting foxes in UK?
Perhaps foxes decided to stand their ground against mankind? :cool:
PETA would probably have liked this?

Buy a garage...problem solved...and leave the animals alone before they become extinct as well...

We and our neighbours have the same issue. Our neighbours say they have solved it with a solar powered high sonic pest repeller. No more fox or cat shit. I keep meaning to get one but just have not got round to it. For us the just wakl all over the cars each nigh covering them with muddy paw prints and an scratches where they jump up. Really not good for my OCD car cleaning issues!
Mmm, might try that solar powered high sonic pest repeller, to stop a cat sh1tting on my lawn, as the shotgun and land mines both failed :rolleyes:
;):)

How long has it's been a tradition hunting foxes in UK?
Perhaps foxes decided to stand their ground against mankind? :cool:
I know (well, more accurately presume) that was posted as a joke, but over the last few decades urban foxes have become an increasing problem in many areas of Britain. They have lost their natural fear of humans, so now co-exist (unhappily) in areas they previously would have avoided.

I know (well, more accurately presume) that was posted as a joke, but over the last few decades urban foxes have become an increasing problem in many areas of Britain. They have lost their natural fear of humans, so now co-exist (unhappily) in areas they previously would have avoided.

Your presumption was correct. :)

I have shot Foxes in circumstances where it was both safe and apppropriate (a severely diseased and malnourished Fox) but I did not think the suggestion would be taken seriously here ;)

Yes, it was a joke.

Animals are always hungry, they tend to show up in urban cities and near houses where garbage bins are located looking for food.
Animals also steals everything they can carry like shoes and other loose stuff around houses.

In Germany there are lots of problems with raccoons in the cities causing very much trouble.
Looks like most people have similar issues with foxes in UK?

Last edited:
Well just buy a air rifle and give them a few slugs up the B=m that will send them packing,foxes are not clever animals,they use more of less the same royte every night ,normally where they have found food in the past,it is up to you I would not hesitate.

Well just buy a air rifle and give them a few slugs up the B=m that will send them packing,foxes are not clever animals,they use more of less the same royte every night ,normally where they have found food in the past,it is up to you I would not hesitate.

Equally as illegal.

Equally as illegal.
Well it is not illegal to shoot foxes,they are not protected,and the op owns the land his car is on and as long as he has a licence for a shotgun he can shoot as many as he wants,maybe he might consider a powerful catapult and ball bearings,it is illegal to poison them.

Same problem here with seagulls. Have discounted many of the above suggestions, if my aim is slightly off I may leave holes in the wrong bodywork.

Equally as illegal.
But probably effective. :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom