Friday's best bits

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

BillyW124

MB Enthusiast
Car
W124 E320 coupe, W211 E320 V6 CDI, W211 E63 V8 AMG, R129 SL 280 V6, W215 CL 600 V12 Bi Turbo.
Seen the very first one a few day`s ago but I don`t need a breaker at the moment

The first one doesnt look that bad and IMHO shouldnt be broken just because its not that expensive.....

Just needs a clean up and a wash possibly.

the first one would have been perfect for me as i mentioned. i need a doner with elec driver and passenger seats with door cards. the kit would have been bonus.

The first one doesnt look that bad and IMHO shouldnt be broken just because its not that expensive.....

Just needs a clean up and a wash possibly.

(Car is a Cat D due to Theft/Vandalism hence the PRICE)

yea i saw that posted up somwhere for around 3 grand or so in the early days, its been floating around for some time.

great for breaking though.

yea i saw that posted up somwhere for around 3 grand or so in the early days, its been floating around for some time.

great for breaking though.

If the alloys were original I would have bought it.It was for sale on PH for around 5k or so but looks like it was stolen later
The very last one has been for sale for over a year and I don`t think is going anytime soon at that price

I love that cab though,I wish I had 5k right now.Billy,you should keep up dude http://www.mbclub.co.uk/forums/spotted-ebay/108164-124-cabriolet.html

If the alloys were original I would have bought it.It was for sale on PH for around 5k or so but looks like it was stolen later
The very last one has been for sale for over a year and I don`t think is going anytime soon at that price

I love that cab though,I wish I had 5k right now.Billy,you should keep up dude http://www.mbclub.co.uk/forums/spotted-ebay/108164-124-cabriolet.html

should have known you were already on it!

...but you do have 5k to spend whats 5 k when you will have the complete collection eh?

KING DASH 124, im telling you change your username!

Last edited:
depends on the final price really and if you want one of those i suppose.

doesnt look to bad a damage but dificult to tell from the pics, stupid really, as thats a main factor, it would be common sense to fully picture the damage with multiple shots especially as its been mentioned.

rear end im assuming would be difficult to fix as its sort of "one" piece when compared to front end damaage.

then you got to look at things like once fixed how can you gurantee there aint gna be no boot leaks etc.

personally i would breakage.

Last edited:
Yes it means its an insurance write off. CAT D is an insurance write off for other reasons as the repair costs may be less than value of the vehicle. And its perfectly suitable to repair to make it road worthy.

The one in the first link is apparently a mistake and he want £1999 for it

Yes it means its an insurance write off. CAT D is an insurance write off for other reasons as the repair costs may be less than value of the vehicle. And its perfectly suitable to repair to make it road worthy.

Thanks a lot for this information.
I´m not firm with this.

I´m looking for my first merc ever. I´m an MB-enthusiast, looking for an W124 CE, or convertible.
In Germany we have lots of them in bad condition, breakers, terrible leather a.s.o.:doh:
The Convertible looks great to me, 5K is a lot of money but I will do this, because I love that car.
Is anybody of you keen on the convertible? So please leave a note under [email protected]
this spares me a lot trouble getting this car ( money exchange, customs duty, tax, MOT, not to forget my missus, a.s.o.)
I´m looking for years for the right car, and this seems to be a good chance.
Since 8 years I´m looking for the right car, 2 years I´m watching the market in UK. I´ve never seen merc´s in a better condition than the UK. Beautiful leathers, fantastic alloys, no scratches, good bodywork all in all treatend as they deserve.

This might be the chance for me, to get my first MB ever, and not a bad one.
I would like to bring her home and gives her what she deserves.

Greetings,
Volker

Hi Volker,

Welcome to the forum! In my opinion its better to spend more than 5k if your looking for a good convertible. They are already pretty rare and the really good condition ones go for very high prices, such as these...

Cheshire Classic Benz

Cheshire Classic Benz

MERCEDES CONVERTIBLE E 320 CABRIOLET W 124 SPORTLINE | eBay UK

MERCEDES W124 E320 CONVERTIBLE CABRIOLET AMG BODYKIT | eBay UK

Hope that helps for now!

Why Nick,is nothing wrong with that Lorinser styled cab

Is someone of you near Bedford?

If yes, please have a look at this car and tell me something about her.
I saw her first time on ebay but was too late to give a bid :doh:.
I know it´s from first owner. This car couldn´t be bad.
I´m not looking for a perfect one, I have have to pay my dues.

This car seems to fit, I´m able to pay the 5k.
My favourite is the CE, but a convertible will do this too.
The first one in this thread looks great, but unfortunately a RHD, these are difficult to drive in Germany.
CE´s LHD are seldom and difficult to find in UK.

Please ignore my terrible english, I´ll do my best.
Volker

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom