• The Forums are now open to new registrations, adverts are also being de-tuned.

Front SAM Error Reported (Code B1003)

350_Coupe

Car
2005 C350 Coupe SE
Hopefully this is the right/ok section for this.

Was having some other work done recently, Electronic Thermostat failure, on my 55 plate C350 Coupe (203) and whilst they were investigating that, they found this stored message.

SAM-F Signal Acquisition and actuation module front
CODE: B1003
TEXT:
Component M13 (Heating water circulation pump) or the line to the component has a short circuit to ground or open circuit. Component M13 (Heating water circulation pump) is not installed. Ignore fault code if it nevertheless occurs.

The dealership was less than concerned, explained it's a pump used at idle to assist the main water pump in shifting the water through the heater matrix during idle, and was not uncommon to fail, and as things go, it's not exactly urgent, if even worth doing !

Additional info gained from them, bearing in mind it was not there for this fault,
1. The pump is fitted on my car
2. it apparently is working, if you feed it 12v
3. it does not respond via stars, or through the main wiring loom, hence the odd error message

they seem to think, it's a wiring issue, or perhaps a fuse.

Can anyone shed any light on this ? i am at a bit of a loss, because i really don't know much about this, even to the point of where it is, and where it's powered form, obviously it's controlled from the front SAM, or if there's a fuse in the line somewhere, and even if i find a wiring/fuse issue, how will i know if it's fixed the issue, given that i had no idea the problem even existed!

lol ... really :doh:

i'm glad they didn't recommend it needed fixing :rolleyes:

so basically, had they checked it at a time when it should have been running, they would have discovered that it was indeed working ? :wallbash:

so what causes the error message to occur ?

When i first saw it, i thought it was related to the extra preheating thing Merc fit to cars in colder climates like Norway i think it was called a Eberspächer heater or something like that

Last edited:
Bump for an old thread...

Ignore it. It always comes up. Nothing is wrong

Exactly what I wanted to hear; I've just cleared the same error message on my CLK. - I thought it might be for that funny auxiliary heating option which I don't have (and therefore should have been coded out).

You can test it via STAR to see if it works (M13 pump), you will hear a noise in the engine bay if it does work.

Once you know it works then clear the fault code.

I have just done this to my brother's CLK.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom