Fuel Pump died.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Dunkelblau

Car
320TE
Hi all.

Both the gearbox and the fuel pump were changed at the same time. Everything was fine on the ramp. Put the car into drive and the fuel pump turned off. Now won't restart due to fuel pump not running (cranks over fine etc)

The gearbox was a switch from 722.3 to 722.5. Wiring up the overdrive and kickdown will be done at a later date, so therefore at present the car still thinks it has a 722.3, as the mode solenoid and starter cut-out/backup switch are the same. Speedo drive is still cable, as before. Car is 1995, M104, has A/C & ASD so doesn't have the small fuel pump relay with a fuse on top as far as I can tell.

Can anyone help with a reliable circuit diagram, please? There are many on the web, but so many variations. Can supply chassis number if someone has access to Xentry/WIS.

Many thanks

The gearbox was a switch from 722.3 to 722.5.

You mean that the car used to have a 4 speed box and now has the 5 speed. Yes?

Sounds too complicated for me but someone will know more.

Good luck.

RayH

You mean that the car used to have a 4 speed box and now has the 5 speed. Yes?

Sounds too complicated for me but someone will know more.

Good luck.

RayH
Wiring up the 5 speed IS complicated! Hence reserved for a later date.

The gearbox switch should be a red herring the 722.5 box is the same as the 722.3 for gears 1-4. My only thoughts are that there is an issue with the starter-cut-out switch (or adjustment - not checked that yet - its cold outside!!), but in that respect what I could not figure is why the fuel pump now wont run when I can still turn the engine over.

The starter cut-out is the only electrical part moved by the gear-shifter - does it still allow the engine to be cranked, but stops it firing by shutting off the fuel pump??? From the diagrams I have found it cuts out the starter relay, but the coincidence cannot be ignored, hence I mentioned the gearbox in my opening post.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom