Fuel Reserve

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
No pleasing you tonight is there, young man??!!:dk::doh:

Last night driving home I was running lower on fuel than I have for along time.

When I left Milton Keynes the display flashed low fuel and told me I was on the reserve (it used that exact word). The diaplay also suggested (once I was running) that I have about 50 miles left

Just outside Peterborough with the display down to 40 miles it then changes and the distance left was replaced by a picture of my car with a red fuel pump next to it

When I filled up 5 miles later, the car took 61 litres to fill (I believe the tank is 60 litres) which would allow for a bit of fuel going into the filler pipe and neck I suppose.

When I filled up 5 miles later, the car took 61 litres to fill (I believe the tank is 60 litres) which would allow for a bit of fuel going into the filler pipe and neck I suppose.

A quick search shows that the tank is either 59 or 66 litres in size. I wonder if it changed with model year or is different for certain models themselves?

Russ

A quick search shows that the tank is either 59 or 66 litres in size. I wonder if it changed with model year or is different for certain models themselves?

Russ

The online manual says that the C180, C200, C250, C180 CDI, C200 CDI , C220 CDI and C250 CDI all have a 59L tank with "All other models and C 63 AMG" having 66L

Of which reserve fuel:

All models (except for C 63 AMG) - Approximately 8.0L

C 63 AMG - Approximately 14.0L

So I am none the wise on how big my tank is but if it is the 59L one and I managed to put in 61L last night, I really must have been beyond fumes.

The MB website however claims I have a 59L tank.

I think I need to dig out the spec sheet for my car here

Last edited:
14.0L seems reasonable, My C32 drinks fuel when the right foot is heavy so the higher level is probably right to get you safely to a fueling station!!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom