• The Forums are now open to new registrations, adverts are also being de-tuned.

G Wagen Is Gone, Here Is My New SL63 AMG!

Took aload of photos while I was making the video:

FvkCKW2.jpg

Yqbseuw.jpg

2cTRaP3.jpg

LKvu3Go.jpg

hcTy8qb.jpg

nSO1EjK.jpg

0SITSSk.jpg

RZORhew.jpg

RFTb1ug.jpg

IUuaMiJ.jpg

DALZlW4.jpg

pEVo7XV.jpg

vA2YL9H.jpg

pkZjLd6.jpg

zu9uvQ6.jpg

Congrats on the new car, love the colour !
I must ask where is this location? it's stunning for car photos ! I'd love to visit :D

Congrats on the new car, love the colour !
I must ask where is this location? it's stunning for car photos ! I'd love to visit :D

Science Park in Cambridge - brand new building which is less than a year old. - Great for pics and rarerly anyone around :)

@KillerHERTZ you deleted the reflection photo didn’t ya? ☺️🙈

Its still there... and in a couple of the others, I was gonna photoshop them out

Had the car only 2 months and I have already taken it on its first Euro adventure to the Nurburgring :) (Paid for photos coming soon, awaiting them from Racetracker).

Video coming soon, I beat my previous 'record' by a min and a half, still looks slow but I had an amazing time there.

49Fqff8.jpg

v0ge8F4.jpg

30.3mpg over 300 miles (including a stint at 130mph on the Autobahn)

gCO1e9p.jpg

How does it feel compared to the CLS?

30mpg is very impressive for what it is!

How does it feel compared to the CLS?

30mpg is very impressive for what it is!

Its no track car really, however I was pleasently surprised as was my mate at its handling. (he has a Megan Cup).

Its around 100kg lighter than the CLS but feels vastly more agile. started to feel the rear starting to slip at Brunchen II, otherwise it held tight on all corners. The active side bolsters actually really work well!

@KillerHERTZ , after a few months how are you getting on with your SL? I'm curious on your views as you can give a good comparison on this compared to other Mercedes models you've owned?

Will be creating an update video soon, been busy with holidays / interviews etc :)

I took it to Germany and around the Nurburging at the start of September:

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

In a nutshell its got the same charactistics as the CLS63 engine/gearbox wise, needs to be warmed up to get the most of it - obviously as its basically the same power chain, obsencely fast, not as thirsty as you would expect on long trips and massively unpractical of course :D

The car saved my bacon last night as a car in front decided to brake to a stop on a totally clear, visible roundabout infront of me, I briefly looked in rear view not noticing that it had stopped. The collision detection beeped and slammed on brakes.

Thanks for the update and look forward to your new videos soon. Do you go topless often or are you prefering top up driving?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom