G3 Clay Mitt - Wow

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Yup, that's the clay mitt. I guess it has become very popular through its availability at Halfrauds. Not all clay mitts are created equal and this one is definitely more consumer orientated but does the job well enough. Beware the Chinese knock-off that abound on eBay. Remember the old adage - buy cheap, buy twice. If you are prepared to spend just a little more I'd steer you to these which have been developed more with the bodyshop in mind:

Clay Mitt - Blue Fine Grade - Clean Your Car

or

A Clay Mitt Solar Grey 22cm x 15cm

It’s showing them at a similar price, [emoji106]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I bought the G3 from Halfords and used it yesterday. Amazing and such a time saver

What "lube" solution do you use with the clay mitt?

How do you clean the mit for reuse?

How do you clean the mit for reuse?

As you use the mitt, regularly dunk it in a bucket of clean cool water, this removes the contaminants from the synthetic clay. After use, give it another rinse and allow it to dry naturally in a dust free room. Once its dry, stick the plastic sheet back onto the clay surface and put it back in its bag.

Thanks - I might try one once I have exhausted my current Autoglym clay bar kit.

To be honest @Greenmanslk, I would just add it to your toolkit anyway. Keep the clay bar for doing the really fiddly little bits round door handles etc, and the mitt for the big areas.

If you are prepared to spend just a little more I'd steer you to these which have been developed more with the bodyshop in mind:
A Clay Mitt Solar Grey 22cm x 15cm[/QUOTE]

OK, been meaning to get one as car is well overdue a decent clean, so weakened and bought one (actually the July special pack).
Just need my rotor cuff injury to finish healing and I'll get out there and use it!

Used this clay-mitt myself, just today, and it really is excellent.
The only thing I`d consider with it though, if you`re like me, and tend only to clay once or twice a year, then I tend to buy a new one each time ( £15 quid`s not a lot of outlay to perfect your pride and joy), as I`m concerned that no matter how you dunk it after using it, it may possibly still retain the contaminants it removes, within the clay.

Just my opinion, of course, and I don`t knock anyone who chooses to re-use it, as we`re all different :thumb:

:rolleyes:
Used this clay-mitt myself, just today, and it really is excellent.
The only thing I`d consider with it though, if you`re like me, and tend only to clay once or twice a year, then I tend to buy a new one each time ( £15 quid`s not a lot of outlay to perfect your pride and joy), as I`m concerned that no matter how you dunk it after using it, it may possibly still retain the contaminants it removes, within the clay.

Just my opinion, of course, and I don`t knock anyone who chooses to re-use it, as we`re all different :thumb:

Hear what you say, when reading the blurb, retailer was saying able to be re-used up-to 50 times?
Personally I'd replace much earlier anyway, say 10-20 dependent upon age/usage pattern.:rolleyes:

At £15, it is much cheaper than the 1 time use Autoglym clay bar detailing kit at £25-30

Kit arrived and included some Haribo's, very tasty too!
Either meant for new customers or I've had part of the packers lunch;)
Have banished kit to garage to stop it playing "must use it" mind-games with me over w/e!:wallbash:

I’d keep the (once/twice) used clay mitts for the lower half of the car, sills, lower bumpers and wheels etc if it’s only been used that little.

Even with the regular clay bars the dirt is folded into the clay so no real difference I guess, could still end up with small bits of grit getting pushed into the paint or something.

Another vote for these! On my last car I decided to use a good quality clay bar because i thought it would pick up more than the mitt...... nope! 3 hours wasted haha!

I wouldn't worry about breaking them in on the windscreen to prevent marring..... you're polishing after claying anyay (or you should be!)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom