Getting rid of the dashboard service reminder

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

GeorgeCaveney

Car
2006 Vito
Hi there. I've seen various tricks on YouTube for getting rid of the 'XXX days since last service' or whatever it is message on the dash - mostly involving ignition phases and pressing the little buttons on the dash screen. But I haven't tried any of them for fear of fire, explosions, ninjas or maybe just added complications. :0

Thought I'd ask a more reliable source...

I have a 2006 Vito 639. Does anyone have the definitive answer... assuming there is one?

Why not get it serviced or at leased an engine oil and filter change, any garage will reset the service indicator while they do the job.

Plenty of Youtube how to videos.

This one should cover a 2006 Vito
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Both viable options; thanks.
Yeah, of all the YouTube tips that seems to be the one. It's not the end of the world, it's just a bit like being told off every time I get in the damn van.

Why not get it serviced or at leased an engine oil and filter change, any garage will reset the service indicator while they do the job.

Maybe the lads done it himself . And just wants his question answered . ?

I can endure it. Just wondered if anyone had a temporary fix, and I can do the oil and filter myself.

Maybe the lads done it himself . And just wants his question answered . ?
With the fear of fire, explosions etc ….I assumed not, but it is possible.
Obviously it's not going to do any damage, it will either reset the service reminder or it won't.
It's worth a try, one of the reset fixes on utube will work.

I can endure it. Just wondered if anyone had a temporary fix, and I can do the oil and filter myself.

Can you not reset the message yourself following the link I posted in Post#3?
It's simple enough and will fix the message until the next scheduled service.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom