Giving up !!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
My 2006 GL did the same thing when I put Halfords lamps in. Got Osram lamps from ecp and they worked fine. Couldn’t quite believe it but the Halfords lamps had a slightly higher resistance which was tricking the SAM into thinking the lamp was blown.

It can be possible to insert dual filament lamps 180 degrees out.

It can be possible to insert dual filament lamps 180 degrees out.
Good point, I've managed to do this in the past and then wondered why I had 2 nice bright tail lamps and no stop lamps. It took a while for the penny to drop:rolleyes:

The brake light switch is an easy fix. £12 from Mercedes. It sorted out a screen full of lights on my 2012 E220

The brake lights in this car are single filament P21W.
The tail light however is dual filament P21/4W as per the owners manual.

I am definitely going to get some bulbs , Halfords sells RING bulbs , are they any good as they claim to be fitted in many OE equipments.

Thanks for your inputs

If bulbs don't fix it I would , go next to brake light switch

I think the 3rd brakelight and other 2 are controlled separately

It says on my car if bulbs go out it switches to another bulb, so not sure how you check holder, other than seeing if burned in any way

Tezz

New RING brake bulbs fitted , no joy .

I think the car has a pressure switch on the side of brake master cylinder

I unplugged the pressure switch , the substitute brake lights and centre brake light remained on. No faults on dash .

I believe they dont have a brake light switch at the pedal end , I ran Icarsoft numerous time , no fault codes..
I might try the bulb holder .. my last approach

Last edited:
New RING brake bulbs fitted , no joy .

I think the car has a pressure switch on the side of brake master cylinder

I unplugged the pressure switch , the substitute brake lights and centre brake light remained on. No faults on dash .

I believe they dont have a brake light switch at the pedal end , I ran Icarsoft numerous time , no fault codes..
I might try the bulb holder .. my last approach
Any vin number , so can check brake light switch?

Why PM the VIN? just let us see it . If your car has a pressure brake light switch in the master cylinder it will be visible to the naked eye. Have a look or post a photo .

WDB2037082A898640 I cant get 7zap to work.

Why replace the bulb holder when you say no voltage getting there and why replace the bulbs.

No wonder you getting frustrated.

Did you test voltage at bulb holders with relevant circuit open. eg fogamps on then test fog lamp socket.

if thats dead have you check voltage at connection to cluster..

You need to be more methiodical in your approach

360 near the servo . Screenshot_20210629-060823_Chrome.jpg

Why replace the bulb holder when you say no voltage getting there and why replace the bulbs.

No wonder you getting frustrated.

Did you test voltage at bulb holders with relevant circuit open. eg fogamps on then test fog lamp socket.

if thats dead have you check voltage at connection to cluster..

You need to be more methiodical in your approach
Yes , I did test with brake pedal pressed , and tested the brake bulb socket .
I think if sam detected an issue somewhere like a high resistance then no current will be sent there .
Replacing bulbs and bulb holders isnt costly , I try to go from least expensive things.

As i showed in post #12
Isnt that a switch to release the shifter lock?
Does it sit just above pedal or hidden under the back covers?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom