• The Forums are now open to new registrations, adverts are also being de-tuned.

GLC Creaking from front when going over speed bumps.

David-walker24

Car
GLC 220 Sport
New GLC has developed creaking noise from front end. Am told there is a fix for which involves packing the bumper stops with a special grease. Has anybody else had this problem?

New GLC has developed creaking noise from front end. Am told there is a fix for which involves packing the bumper stops with a special grease. Has anybody else had this problem?
I`ve had exactly the same problem, grease did NOT work, car is going in tomorrow to have replacement struts fitted, will get back with a result ASAP

It surely wouldn't be anywhere near hitting the bump stops going over a speed hump?

My GLC also developed a fairly constant creaking noise from the suspension about 3 months ago. Not just at speed bumps, but in normal driving.

It takes at least a couple of weeks to get a service appointment at my local MB dealer, so it went in a few weeks ago to get this sorted, as well as one of the door handle LEDs which had gone.

They returned it at the end of the say saying yeah, there's a TIPS document about this, it's a known issue. The fix is to order some grease, plus 4 or 5 hours labour to "fit" it. And we have to order the LED for the door handle which takes at least a week.

Wasn't best pleased, as they had 2 weeks' notice of these problems in the first place and did nothing about ordering parts. They said yes but they had to see the problem themselves before they could order parts.

So, going back in today to get the grease applied (and LED replaced, hopefully). Will let you know if that cures the constant creaking.

Sheesh how much is the 5 hours labour going to cost you???

GLC with same issue and fix

Thanks David for starting this thread, I'm from Australia and had my GLC for a couple of weeks, and then the car started making this creaking noise, especially when going over speed hump or bumpy road or on any road that flexed the suspension. My Local service centre fix this issue by applying grease to the bumper stops. We'll sees if this fixes the issue permanently.

Last edited:
The grease fix seems to have worked for my GLC.
Haven't done a lot of miles since, but the creaking has disappeared and stayed away. The car is much more pleasant to drive without that accompaniment!
They also replaced both rear door handle LEDs not just the one which had failed. I had noticed that they were both a different shade of white light than the front ones, all four now look pretty much the same which is good!

This is a problem I am having and yes my GLC is crashing into the suspension stops over speed humps and even undulations in the road. There seems to be a fundamental flaw in the rating of the springs.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom