GLC250d Remap

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
I 100% would not remap a brand new warranted car. You are asking to void your warranty and listening to the above comments about dealers winking, is complete blind stupidity! They wont be winking at you if your engine for whatever reason fails and they are aware of a map. Its not your friendly serviceman covering the cost of the repairs, it is Mercedes, and if its flagged on their servers, they will not be so winky friendly.

Good luck if you still decide on it.

And for the record, Celtic tuning started up in Wales near me, they for me over estimate their files massively. I would not class them as a great tuner.

Sent from my iPhone

I 100% would not remap a brand new warranted car. You are asking to void your warranty and listening to the above comments about dealers winking, is complete blind stupidity! They wont be winking at you if your engine for whatever reason fails and they are aware of a map. Its not your friendly serviceman covering the cost of the repairs, it is Mercedes, and if its flagged on their servers, they will not be so winky friendly.

Good luck if you still decide on it.

And for the record, Celtic tuning started up in Wales near me, they for me over estimate their files massively. I would not class them as a great tuner.

Sent from my iPhone

Thanks for that. I contacted them today & they dont have the dyno plot showing before & after results.:fail

@ Jay. Where did you get the claimed figures from? I know there website claims what you have said. But no dyno plot & the above post confirms what I thought.

:doh::doh:

@ Jay. Where did you get the claimed figures from? I know there website claims what you have said. But no dyno plot & the above post confirms what I thought.

:doh::doh:

Rappy, I trust the figures they provided. On fairness it's all about a person's expectations, to me the car feels to have a lot more in gear pull and from a standing start is far more lively than it used to be even in eco mode.

In the real world, I have a work friend with an E350 estate on a 15 reg. Yesterday we took to a quiet place just to see if the GLC is as quick as it feels.

Bearing in mind damp conditions the GLC had no issue with an early get away. My mate says his e class was gaining by a fraction but nothing really in it.

I've use Celtic on a number of occasions, we all have our preferences.

The point of the remap wasn't for speed or crazy HP figures.
I do a lot of travelling to the Welsh coast and having a bit more in gear shove for overtaking is what I was after.

Thanks Jay.

X2. That's the very reason I want the remap. It's just the claimed figures & then not be able to show, just makes me doubt things.

I have no doubt it drives better. But being honest counts for a lot. Maybe as a valued customer you can ask for the actual figures?.

Rappy:cool:

I've had many cars of mine remapped in the past, actually all of them by the same tuner with exception to the S205 250 bluetec as this car was problematic from day one so I never bothered.

Anyway thought I'd share for those other GLC runners the results.

Tuner - Celtic Tuning
BHP - 255
560NM

Do you own a Mercedes Benz GLC? Gain up to 27% of power!

So on the drive to their HQ in Cornwall I managed 44/45mpg, return journey I managed near identical figures and if I'm honest i was driving a little heavy on the right foot.

At the point of tuning my car had 800 mile on the clock.

As always everything works as it should, but with a bit more get up and go! Prior to the remap the engine was fairly lively for this size of vehicle, but the remap has made it feel like the E350 courtesy car I had a while back.

I've done just over 300 miles with the Newley installed map and the characteristics in the car have changed noticeably and not to the detriment of the vehicle. So I've noticed prior to the map the 9G would be inclined to kick down from 5 to 4 when close to 1200 rpm and you press the throttle. Now the car picks itself up and makes the most of the available torque.

At 2200-2500rpm it's pulls real hard and goes up to the red line without missing a beat, power is pretty linear without major drop off at the end.

Overall the car has now got a good amount of shove when required, should come in handy for overtaking when traveling over to Wales each weekend.
What about 0-60mph, stock is somewhere around 7.3 sec, with stage 1 did you measured?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom